Golden Gate Bridge Photo Walk, Sat Aug 13th

Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]On August 13th, we are attempting to gather 3000 photographers to cover the walking path on the Golden Gate Bridge.

The bridge is 8981 feet long. At roughly 3 feet per person, we can completely cover the length. IF we could pull this off, it would be the largest gathering of photographers in one spot that I know of.

Here is where everyone can help...

We only have a limited time to get this information out to the largest possible audience. No matter where you live, please forward this to everyone:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158938084173740

Please spread the word. Friends of friends of friends may know someone who lives in this area or someone who is visiting.

I have spoken to some area news networks who are offering TV and Radio support if we can be at 2000 by Aug 1st.

Please share this on your facebook or blog or photo group, wherever people with cameras may be. We just need people who own any camera better than a cell phone. Point and shoots are more than welcome.
[/FONT]
Steve

Website

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Awesome idea! Unfortunately I'm out of town, but in a city as vibrant with the arts as SF I am sure you'll have no trouble at all finding willing shooters. thumb.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    I posted on my FB page..... Good Luck.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    As of today the total count is just a tad over 400 photographers signed up through the various clubs/facebook. Still a long ways to go, but the idea is picking up steam.
    Steve

Website
  • goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    I belong to several photography meetup sites in the Sacramento Area. I will post this info there.
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    Update:

Without paying for the right to use their name or logo, I cannot publicly tell people that this is a record attempt before the event occurs. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out who keeps the world records. mwink.gif

The claim is filed and we need 1000 to set a new world record. We have less than 1 month to get everyone on board.

Here is a copy of the email (with names and numbers X out for legal purposes).

Claim ID: XXXXXX
    Membership Number: XXXXXX

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your intention to attempt the record for ‘Largest group of photographers taking image'. Your proposal is very similar to an existing record that we monitor and so the category that XXXXXXX World Records currently recognizes is: ’Most self-portrait photographs taken simultaneously’.

The current record (current as at the date of this letter) is:
    Minimum Requirements:
    New record, awaiting suitable claim. Minimum requirement: 1,000 participants

XXXXXXX WORLD RECORDS LIMITED
    UNITED KINGDOM.

Please ensure that your Claim ID (above) is clearly marked on your package and all documentation.

We wish you the best of luck in your record attempt and we look forward to hearing from you!

Yours sincerely,
    Steve

Website