Options

Experimenting with new cam at night

hoghog Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited June 19, 2004 in Wildlife
was outside last night and thought this looked nice. it is very foggy and the red light is a lighthouse. using a Canon s500 15sec exposure, lighthouse.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2004
    Very Cool I made something very similar that I will show you ,but first lets talk about your fine image. The red color is awesome and it sure gives off the illusion of fire. Try running this picture through neat image or noise ninja noise reduction software I bet you will be even happier with the results.:D

Not meaning to do a hijack but here is my shot that is so similar to yours except in color difference.
    2585734-M.jpg

Yours is a cool shot Hog thumb.gif

Tim
  • Options
    hoghog Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    Very Cool I made something very similar that I will show you ,but first lets talk about your fine image. The red color is awesome and it sure gives off the illusion of fire. Try running this picture through neat image or noise ninja noise reduction software I bet you will be even happier with the results.:D

Not meaning to do a hijack but here is my shot that is so similar to yours except in color difference.
    2585734-M.jpg

Yours is a cool shot Hog thumb.gif

Tim

thanks, i tried using PS's noise reduction and grain reduction tools but i wasn't liking the results so i just left it. i could have shot it in a lower iso but it wouodnt have turned out how i wanted it to. the grain doesnt bother me much, infract i almost like it, it shows the definite fog which is present. thanks for the criticism its been a while since i was snapping pics but i have a feeling ill be back into it for a while to come.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2004
    Hi Hog! I like red, so I like your shot.mwink.gif I'm kinda liking the grain meself. Keep 'em coming. I do a lot of night shooting, it sure does present a lot of interesting challenges.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au