Options

DSS #81 - another idea

MikeKMikeK Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
edited July 20, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
A recent hobby that has been taking me away from photography this year is target archery. A tight three-arrow grouping is a thing of beauty, but loosing concentration on that last arrow makes you scream.

So for your consideration, 'Stray Shot'.

The funky coloring and stripes on the arrow shafts is target ring color reflections in the aluminum shafts.

C&C welcome, 'fire away'! :D

i-WNgGVmH-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    I like it, because it so darn vivid! Though I might putz around with the angles a bit. Nice one~
    tom wise
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Clever. It feels like something is missing though. I can't figure it out.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    I like this one better than the others you posted. It is very direct, simple. And the vibrant colors are appealing.

It wouldn't hurt to play a bit with various angles as Tom suggested.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I like this one better than the others you posted. It is very direct, simple. And the vibrant colors are appealing.

It wouldn't hurt to play a bit with various angles as Tom suggested.

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback!

What do you mean by the angles? Angle of the perspective off perpendicular? Or relative angles of the arrows? What's interesting in this shot is the 3rd arrow is close to parallel with the others, but in the image it looks like it isn't.

I'm not sure I like how the aluminum arrow shafts came out, I may try some flat black arrows or see if some HDR will keep the detail in the aluminum.

I also considered having all three arrows grouped in the center for a strong 'together' theme, but in a way that seemed less interesting. Thoughts?

Thanks!
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Great concept. I also think a shot from a different angle, and possibly pulled back slightly, may draw more attention to the arrows and their grouping. Just an opinion of course.