Options

Facebook Like Button and Collected Photos

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited July 22, 2011 in Bug Reporting
I recently moved all of my photos into galleries based on their size (and further divided by final category). These galleries are hidden from public view as they're just an organizational tool for me and in line with a question from Baldy months ago about being able to do away with single image pricing. [Since the galleries are hidden, here's a link to one: [URL="http://photos.chrisskopec.com/ImagesBySize/8x12/NW-8x12/16187353_j3bZk#681520812_VEpUo"]NW 8x12[/URL]. Notice I didn't bother to make my customizations work well in the hidden galleries]

Images from these galleries are then collected into their public galleries [where, for the most part, the customizations do work].

The problem comes about when someone uses the Facebook Like button. I noticed this on a couple friends walls, and tried it for my own:

i-RvNnfPM-X2.jpg

I "liked" the image in my California Coastline gallery however the link on FB goes to the NW 8x12 gallery.

I really want the like button to appear to help spread links to my site around, but if those links are going to lead to a section that looks broken, that does me no good. Can the function of the like button be modified to point to the gallery in which it was clicked, not the gallery where the original copy of the image lives?
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    edited July 22, 2011
    Not a bug? Or not a SmugBug?
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    We are looking into this issue and trying to find a solution that works for everybody. There are cases where you would like to have the link go to original gallery and others where the link should go to the gallery where the image has been collected to. I agree that in your case the later case would be the right thing to do.
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2011
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    We are looking into this issue and trying to find a solution that works for everybody. There are cases where you would like to have the link go to original gallery and others where the link should go to the gallery where the image has been collected to. I agree that in your case the later case would be the right thing to do.

Thanks for the update! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos