Options

Photoshop CS5 wont open my NEF raw files ( Help ) !!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsNorwayPosts: 0 Major grins
edited July 23, 2011 in Finishing School
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited July 23, 2011
    Most often, this is because your version of ACR does not support the camera you are shooting with. Check out the Adobe support page: Cameras supported by all versions of the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in

Since you are running the most recent version of Photoshop, you can update ACR for free.

If you are using a camera that used to work before but now does not, you might have a problem with file corruption. See if you can open the NEF with Picasa or whatever raw converter came with your camera. Also check to see whether the problem goes away if you use a different card.
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2011
    If your copy of ACR is too old to deal with an updated camera format, the solution is to convert to DNG with the free DNG converter.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited July 23, 2011
    arodney wrote: »
    If your copy of ACR is too old to deal with an updated camera format, the solution is to convert to DNG with the free DNG converter.
    Only if there is a DNG converter for the camera that has not been incorporated into the latest version of ACR. I may be wrong, but I think Adobe usually releases those at the same time for new cameras. She's on CS5, so she should be able to download the latest and greatest ACR.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins NorwayPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.