Options

Bay lap prints more expensive through smugmug?

pavektpavekt Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited July 27, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just started with smugmug and so far love it. Lately I have been debating if upgrading to Pro for the printing with Bay Lab would be worth the extra cost. So I started looking at the prices and noticed that prices on smugmug for some/many items are higher then that of the Bay Lab website. For example a 4x6 metal print from Bay Lap is $11 but smugmug has it listed for $18.13. Bay Labs charge an extra 15% for metallic prints but smugmug has them for much higher. Am I missing something here? Also how much better are the Bay Lab prints from that of what I would get with the power account? I am by no means a pro.

Thanks
Travis

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    Our MetalPrint pricing from Bay includes the finish and mounting options - it's all bundled into one price.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Our MetalPrint pricing from Bay includes the finish and mounting options - it's all bundled into one price.

OK Thanks Andy. What about the metallic prints? $0.79 for a 4x5 at smugmug and only $0.56 with full color correction at Bay Labs.

Basically I am trying to justify the extra cost of Pro just so I can have the convenience to print with Bay Labs. My site will mainly be for family members to easily view and print photos that I took of them. I am not making money from this and just want the option to have the best quality. It would be great if Bay Labs would be included in the Power account. Has there been any discussion on this?
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    ?

4x6 Lustre at SmugMug with CC on: 38 cents
    4x6 Lustre at Bay with CC on: 49 cents
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    I think I must just be reading things wrong because both sites represent things a little differently. Is it safe to just assume that all prices for Bay on smugmug are the same or cheaper then going directly through Bay Labs?

Also I signed up just over a week ago with a 20% off coupon. If I upgrade to Pro could I still utilize that so it would only be $120 for the first year? Right now if I upgrade it will charge me $86.20 so that with the $48 I already payed would come to $134.20. I realize we are not talking about much here but I am already stretching the idea that I need Pro.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    pavekt wrote: »
    I think I must just be reading things wrong because both sites represent things a little differently. Is it safe to just assume that all prices for Bay on smugmug are the same or cheaper then going directly through Bay Labs?

Also I signed up just over a week ago with a 20% off coupon. If I upgrade to Pro could I still utilize that so it would only be $120 for the first year? Right now if I upgrade it will charge me $86.20 so that with the $48 I already payed would come to $134.20. I realize we are not talking about much here but I am already stretching the idea that I need Pro.

We try to keep the prices inline - but we don't guarantee this. Please write our Support Heroes and we'll hook you up with your pro account upgrade thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    We try to keep the prices inline - but we don't guarantee this. Please write our Support Heroes and we'll hook you up with your pro account upgrade thumb.gif

Awesome, thanks Andy!
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    Oh and Andy this is unrelated but it would be great to see a Google+ option for sharing!!!
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2011
    pavekt wrote: »
    Oh and Andy this is unrelated but it would be great to see a Google+ option for sharing!!!
    Stay tuned. G+ is brand new and we'll hopefully work it into our site design.