Options

Face Recognition for SmugMug?

darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
Hey there...

Somebody must know an intrepid young kid trying to get his feet wet/hands dirty with some real-world programming project, right?

How about you suggest that they mash-up SmugMug's API with the recently launched Face.com API?

What? Face-recognition for your SmugMug photos? Sounds awesome. Now get on it, kid. ;-}

Previously discussed here

(Heck, if the kid's serious and SmugMug's not willing to front him the free account w/o some prior experience, send him my way, I'll do an "interview" and then pay for the account.)

Comments

• Options
    jbenjaminjbenjamin Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2011
    Smugmug Face.com Mashup
    http://developers.face.com/forums/general-talk-f13/100-bounty-smugmug-mashup-t759.html lets draw some attention to this thread- it's 2011- we need face recognition- Face.com has a fantastic API- i've used it on a test html page and it works great- that tra one is not accepting any new members- please check out my thread on Face.com blog and lets pool some money in and get this done.
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Feh. I'm not optimistic. Seems like the only thing kids are interested in these days are that stupid Facebook (which has face recognition, ironically).
  • Options
    jbenjaminjbenjamin Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2011
    It's in the works, for those of you that don't know, I placed a bounty on the directions and a working site that was using Face.com's API on SmugMug- It detects faces in your pics on smugmug and then lets u tag friends from Facebook and Twitter. I paid for this, so i will post a video of it working- I'm accepting donations for a step by step directions guide.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    I'd be interested in seeing the video. This would be even better than the fb like on a photo if it works the same way a normal face tag works.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!