Options

Pop-up flash...problem?

LiveLikeLizPhotosLiveLikeLizPhotos Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited August 16, 2011 in Cameras
First of all, hello everyone! This is my first post here, and of course, it's one that makes me feel like a total n00b. Anyway, there's a girl renting (to buy) my Canon EOS Rebel T1i, I hadn't used the camera in awhile before letting her go off with it, I'm positive everything worked perfectly, the problem is I've gotten used to my other camera and have completely forgotten how to use the T1i.

Can anyone help me with this? I guess what I'm basically asking, how can she make it use the pop-up flash?

Google has failed me on this one.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2011
    On my Nikons....if the pop up flash is up...it is on...now you have to be with some range like 3-6 feet from subject.........that is how it is on my Nikon...Sorry, not a Canon person.....the very 1st entry of this google search is the Canon Manual....... http://tinyurl.com/3fz6tu8 .....good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2011
    Here's page 62 of the Canon manual:

i-6fJGvbG-XL.png

You just press the flash button. That pops up the flash. If the flash is up, it will fire. If not, it won't. You can close it by pressing down on the plastic top of the flash.
  • Options
    LiveLikeLizPhotosLiveLikeLizPhotos Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2011
    Well when the flash button is pushed, the flash doesn't pop up. What can I do about this?
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,887 moderator
    edited August 16, 2011
    Well when the flash button is pushed, the flash doesn't pop up. What can I do about this?

If it's a failure I believe that there are couple of likely causes, and both require sending the camera in for repairs.

I think that your money would be better spent on an external flash instead. At least that could serve more purposes and potentially carry forward on later bodies.

Do try switching modes to see if the flash pops in either the Green or "P" modes.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums