DEAL: 15% off at Canon Refurb Store

ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
edited August 11, 2011 in Flea Market
Use code

JR8BIBK7

to get 15% off any reefurb item that's in stock. This makes a 7D around $1150! This is a one-time use code, it won't last long!

Comments

• OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    Dayum. Wish I had this for... idk... wish I had it when I bought anything! lol
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    $272 for a Canon S95 is pretty tempting too
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    Powershots are excluded. I just checked, the deal is gone. Someone has used it. There were two other codes that were also used.

http://the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=1078&Title=Updated-Refurb-Canon-EOS-7D-Only-$1155.15-for-First-Person
  • don_tlrdon_tlr Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2011
    Looks like I missed out on the deals.

I tried all 3 codes but the early bird gets the 7D I suppose, do these codes come around often? I'm ready to buy a 7D now but will wait if these come around frequently.
    edited August 6, 2011
    Yeah, it was a one-use only code. Someone already used it. If you want a 7D, I'd watch closely for the next few months. They have 15% discounts/discount codes frequently, or at least they have been recently.
  • don_tlrdon_tlr Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2011
    Thanks for the reply but I don't want to wait months for a deal, you know how it is when you finally make a decision..
    I'll wait a week and then buy if I don't find anything.
    edited August 6, 2011
    On March 11th, Canon store started a deal where they had 10% off all the refurb bodies and lenses, no code required. Then at 12 AM on July 10, they had 15% off, no code required. Following this pattern would indicate that they will have 20% off sometime around November 10? I think it started at midnight Saturday night (technically Sunday morning) both times (I know it did in July). So I watch carefully on weekend mornings... midnight's too late for me, but I check when I get up :cool I don't know if they will want to do 20% off or not.

The real deal killer is that hardly anything is in stock. The prices are so good to begin with (after all, refurb is pretty much like new, I think it's even better). For example, the regular price of a 5DII is $2000, a deal hard to find even on the used market. They were in stock this past week, but now they're sold out. And an 85 1.8 is regularly $330, about the used price. I haven't seen it in stock at all recently (the price becomes ridiculous with a 15% discount). What is in stock, isn't that great of a deal. So when there's a discount, most of the items go out of stock.
    edited August 6, 2011
    A new code popped up, and has been used. If anyone is in the market, you may want to monitor this page. Seems like new codes are being sent in throughout today. However, the current ones would have expired in under 2 hours, had they not been used. My point: not much time left, as it seems the codes expire tonight at midnight, but you may want to monitor the page if you're in the market.

And if it's a camera (DSLR or Powershot) that you're looking for, and you have a broken Canon camera, you may want to use the Canon Loyalty Program.
    edited August 11, 2011
    The 15% off is over, but the 5D Mark II is in stock right now at $1999... hurry, this will be over soon. The 60D is also available, at $799.
    edited August 11, 2011
    Lots of new lenses in stock! Really good prices... most better than average used price. If you're looking for a lens, check here: http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductListingViewAll_10051_10051_-1_22751?WT.mc_id=C126149