Options

Wedding of David and Sarah 23rd July

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited August 12, 2011 in Weddings
Shot the fantastic wedding of David and Sarah this weekend. I really wasn't sure I was going to make it as I was having breathing problems the 2 days prior. Managed not to let them down but have since found out I have a minor Pulmonary Embolism. Treatment is going well and I'm feeling much better.

Anyway back to the photos. You might have spotted these guys a few months ago when I did their pre wedding shoot. Didn't get quite as many shots as I would have liked as the groom wasn't feeling good so went to rest for an hour or so in the afternoon and went to bed before the first dance. Here is a quick selection of what I did get, EXIF should be in tact if you are interested in camera/settings for each one.

Please feel free to include ideas, suggestions, thoughts, improvements, changes etc.

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-1.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-2.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-3.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-4.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-5.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-6.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-7.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-8.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-9.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-10.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-11.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-12.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-13.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-14.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-15.jpg

Dave-Sarah-Wedding-16.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    Ooh! Yes! I love these Mark iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif (except for #10, too suggestive for my taste)

They have dignity and sweetness, and genuine happiness is in them. You've used natural lighting, and combined it with added, skilfully. The soft pastel treatment is just the right kind of "bottle" in which these memories will become a wonderful vintage.

Congratulations and keep well.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    overall pretty decent stuff! 16 is great though her pose is bit casual for my taste. I am digging 6 as well. On my crappy laptop monitor many of the image seem a touch overexposed though.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    overall pretty decent stuff! 16 is great though her pose is bit casual for my taste. I am digging 6 as well. On my crappy laptop monitor many of the image seem a touch overexposed though.

Yes, I think the hands on hips in #16 is a bit of a surprise, but the grin helps make it work. The light and colour of this image are so attractive as well.

I don't see an overexposure problem. Some of the shots are in direct strong sunlight, but that's pretty well managed, I think, and gives those shots a sense of high summer which adds to the atmosphere.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2011
    Thanks a lot Neil and Daniel for your comments.

With #16 I admit that I really am not great at posing a bride without a prop and must work on it. I need to try things and get better. Unfortunately she didn't have her flowers as she had rushed out for a quick photo. She had just done the first dance with her dad as the groom had gone to bed not feeling well so she wasn't in the best mood but managed to get a couple of good shots which hopefully they will like.

Anyone else got any wisdom to share to help me out?

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    Love number one...like the depth created by the back lighting...very nice...
    Number 6...worthy of applause...the way you handled the lighting during that time of day...way cool...
    Seven is adorable...the way she has that impish look about her...nice capture
    Also like 10, 12, 15, and 16.

All in all...this is a very nice set...these are the kinds of photos that will last a life time...I'm sure they will, in the years to come, enjoy letting your photos take them back to the place and time.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2011
    Thanks a lot Ed for your kind words?

• Options
    DarrylDSmithDarrylDSmith Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Very cool photos. Love the dresses hanging in the sunlight. Awesome capture!
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited August 5, 2011
    My fave is 8, because of the groom's expression, and how the light oh so nicely sandwiches him. It would have been super stellar if you could've moved to the left and really isolated him from the groomsman on his left. My least fave is #1, because the background on the right is a little distracting (partial shoes, lines hanging horizontally and vertically from the ceiling), and the dress isn't as well lit as I would have hoped? Hope that helps :D
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2011
    #1 How epic is the light in that room! I would have moved everything out and had the whole wedding up there ;)
    #6 Really like the shadows and light (Really like your eye with the candid shots)
    #14 I kind of like the angle.