Options

Katarzyna

BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
edited August 18, 2011 in People
Here are a couple from Katarzyna. If she's not the most beautiful face I photograph, she's top 2 or 3 for sure.

Click the first image for her full gallery as it's posted over the next few days.

p95332458-4.jpg

p435239133-4.jpg

p56662045-4.jpg

p386338695-4.jpg

p204830554-4.jpg

6. and, of course, my favorites are headshots
p941587291-4.jpg
Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2011
    good stuff..I feel like you are doing some different things recently (and in my eyes better!).
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2011
    Thanks Qarik.

I have definitely modified my shoots in accordance with some of the suggestions on here.

As examples, # 2,4,and 5 are from a set where I turned on some music and let her move/shoot/move/shoot. Also, my 70-200 f4 IS is getting much more use and I did a set (not processed yet) with the 50mm f1.4.

Here's another one from this shoot that is different for me:

p423757315-4.jpg
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2011
    John,

I agree with Daniel. These have "something" different than you're other stuff. They seem more "alive" to me on all accounts. The model seems more relaxed, poses seem more natural... and your lighting has more pop as does the way you processed them. I like it!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gifGreat series John. #2 & 6 (especially 6) are the standouts for me.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2011
    Thanks guys.

I may be stupid headscratch.gif but I do listen and I can be educated.deal.gif

With that said, it's much tougher to get just the right click of the shutter when they move.
    AI Servo is now my default setting.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2011
    Servo is awesome. I do a lot of my shooting using this focus mode.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2011
    Rushing so no time to post in depth but clap.gifclap.gif I LOVE this set!!!!!!!!! Great, complementary backgrounds, nice expressions, no "forced" sexiness.... really good stuff.

My only real nit is the butt cheeks in #5 even though that shot is my favorite pose/exprssion combo of the set. Maybe guys find it hot, but I just think, "girlfriend, those Daisy Dukes are TOO SHORT!!" rolleyes1.gif Kidding aside, I don't think it's alluring; it just looks messy to me. However, YMMV and it may be a particular "sexy" style for some - just my personal take on that.

But, a minor point in an otherwise very kicky and appealing set. Go you!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2011
    One word for what Diva said....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2011
    Thanks Diva. Imagine, a set that you like. clap.gif Whodda thunk I could do that.rolleyes1.gif

Cuban, you and I are on the same page. The "Daisey Duke" frame was quite intentional and it's one frame where I'll take all the blame. No matter what, I like it (and Kat's B/F almost had a heart attack when we shot that series). If that makes us pigs, so be it.rolleyes1.gif

For all you women the rest of you non-pig guys, just look at that face in # 6.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    good stuff..I feel like you are doing some different things recently (and in my eyes better!).

+1 clap.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2011
    One word for what Diva said....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rolleyes1.gif

John, you took the shot down! No fair. It's a GREAT shot, I just personally, as a gal, don't go for the buns.

Reactions, Exhibit A: guys :jawdrop iloveyou.gif

Reactions, Exhibit B: gals rolleyes1.gifl :giggle

(and YES I'm teasing - you know I loves y'all!!)
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2011
    This thread just lost about 5 points on a 10 point scale.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2011
    Don't feel guilty Mum. The model asked that that one go away for day job reasons :cry and I never force a girl to show a frame she doesn't want out there. I'm VERY protective of "my" models. I suspect that comes from being older than most of their parents.rolleyes1.gif

Cuban, I definitely can't argue with you. As a guy, I LOVVVE the Daisey Duke look. The biggest problem I had with that frame was not stepping on my tongue when I shot it. naughty.gifevil

Maybe I can find another to take the sting out of losing that one.headscratch.gif

OK ALL DAISEY DUKE IS BACK. Cuban -- put the five points back.

This one is OK with her:

p453935013-4.jpg
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2011
    Last two in the original post are my favs. Never did get to see the unapproved daisy duke shot.

I had a recent client. Swimwear shoot. Great photos, she signed a release, everything was cool. Then her BF saw the photos and demanded I remove them from the web!?! While I'm also very protective of "my" models, this one was about the BF. He wasn't at the shoot, I've never met him, he didn't do any work for the shoot, and suddenly he thinks he has a say in what gets posted?

Anyway, I can relate. Like I said, I'll remove something if the model wants it removed, but the BF? eek7.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+