Options

MC#13 - First attempt for C & C

torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
edited August 17, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Have been searching the web to find out about Frank Miller - his comics/films are not really my scene, and also not good at ascertaining his "style". This is my attempt at following his style, plus also had "fun"(?!) changing the photos in post processing.

Sin City 3

[IMG][/img]SinCity3-M.jpg

Comments as to whether on right track be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    Would like to see it bigger to say more about it, but at first look, would suggest you make the dialog boxes solid instead of transparent.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    Nice!
    Post conversion is terrific! Really a nice feel to it.

Is there a reason for the second panel to be larger than the first? My entry will have this same smaller/larger panel setup, for reasons of directing importance. This is so slight, that it 'feels' like an error, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2011
    Thank you for the comments - attached is larger image. The two panels should be the same size, and as you have pointed out they are not, which is definitely an error. Thanks for that, as had not noticed it. Will check each pictures size and re combine the two images.

[IMG][/img]SinCity3-L.jpg
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    I like it, I agree the text bubbles should be solid. I think a black border on the left image might help separate those horizontal lines from crashing into the next image, and frames are allowed this challenge. I like the high contrast smoke billows. perhaps the Profits text and arrow in a box/balloon also.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    Thanks for enlarging image - I agree with the others. Since this genre is not really my thing either I don't know what I can add but really appreciate you posting as I try to get a clue myself. GP
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited August 13, 2011
    I think you've got a great concept and are making good progress on this!
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2011
    Definitely try using frames with these images. I love how you processed them!
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2011
    Thanks for the comments - have reprocessed ensuring all photos the same size, added frames, plus an additional image - think set of three suits best, like most comic strips. Comments be appreciated on this updated attempt:

Sin City 3

[IMG][/img]SinCity3attempt2-L.jpg
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2011
    Very Cool! I like the new look.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2011
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2011
    Looks great as you have it entered. Very creative and I like the processing.