Options

Prime lenses

NevadaNevada Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited August 18, 2011 in Video
Im about to purchase a 60D. I am going to use it for some class projects and indie shoots. i want to pick up some primes lenses. anyone using older prime lenses with the 60D? is it possible? problems? i know this is vague but to be honest im not familiar with older lenses. from my time on the net there seems to be some really good older glass available for the low budget shooter. anyones used nikon lenses with their canon and if so what did you think? i know you need an adapter to use them and thats about it. im sure this is probably going to open myself up to a whole bunch of other questions lol. i really appreciate the help as always!

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2011
    Nevada wrote: »
    anyones used nikon lenses with their canon and if so what did you think? i know you need an adapter to use them and thats about it.

Yep! Thats about it! Put adapter onto nikon glass, screw it onto Canon Camera. Shoot. It meters fine and you use Live view to focus. Older Nikon glass is good for this because they have an aperture ring that is adjustable. The newer -G lenses do not. However there is also an adapter made for -G lenses now too, but it's in the $300 range versus these other adapters which vary from the $30's to $100. I paid about $80 for my fotodiox pro-adapter, and have had no issues at all.
    tom wise