Options

s95, LR2 and CR2

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited August 20, 2011 in Finishing School
Hi!

I'm temporarily on our older, XP machine (my laptop has gone in for a batch of warrantee fixes - it will come back nearly new - I hope! - but in the meantime, I'm managing with the creaktastic older unit).

I've put LR2 on it but 1. I don't want to hassle with downloading LR3 and licensing etc (it was on the other machine), and 2. I'm not sure this machine can run it (?).

In the meantime, I took a set of raw+jpg shots on the S95... shots from which even the latest version of LR2 can't read.

Picasa can display them, but that's pretty limited for editing purposes, and there are a couple I'd like to work over rather more thoroughly. I don't have CS3 on this machine (I could put it on, but it runs incredibly slowly) - are there any other options for reading these files? If push comes to shove I'll just wait until the other computer returns, but in the meantime....

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited August 20, 2011
    This sounds like a great time to use DNG. You can download a free converter from Adobe. Convert the CR2s to DNG and then import those into LR2.

Or, just use the Canon DPP program that came with the camera to do the raw conversion and save them as TIFFs.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2011
    ~facepalm~ DUH! Why didn't I think of either of those solutions??! So obvious once pointed out. (Answer: because my own computer is set up so I never use either of those and thus it never occurred to me 11doh.gif).

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!