Options

DSS Toothpick flower trusses

tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
edited August 25, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know it is too late to enter a different photo, but I wanted to show you this. I had ordered a toothpick building kit for a science projects with kids. I finally had a chance to build a couple of trusses, using cut toothpicks. I was going to wow you with a very complicated bridge, but never had the time.

If this challenge had come up a afew weeks from now, I would have been buried in toothpicks for days!

anyway, here's a quick shot of them.

Chris
ca-9957-M.jpg
http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
If it's locked... find an open window.

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2011
    I like it... and it's not too late... you've got 15 minutes if you want to change. I love the mat tho....
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    Oh, I love the little trusses! And you're going to build a bridge, too?? You must have just too much time on your hands!! Really, for as cute as these little trusses are (& your composition and use of flowers is quite pleasing), I like your zen placemat much better. I can't imagine your patience at lining up all those toothpicks to get them perfectly aligned. :D

Sherry
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2011
    Thanks for the comments. I rarely have time to breathe, but am taking an at-home vacation this week to refresh myself before the fall onslaught! Toothpick therapy was just what I needed to clean out the background noise.
    .....and, yes, I do plan to build a bridge. For those of you with young engineers in your households or classes or camps or other programs, google twigjig. They have a very nice kit.

As you can see, I kept my placemat entry. I became quite fond of it.

On to the next challenge!

Chris

• Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    As you can see, I kept my placemat entry. I became quite fond of it.

thumb.gif Very glad you kept the placemat. I think the trusses are cool too but out of the two the placemat was by far my choice.

Your idea of using toothpicks to construct things is exactly what I had envisioned when I created the theme. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2011
    Sean, I love the challenges that challenge my creativity (and patience) beyond the lens and shutter. I had fun with this one. I'll post my bridge when I build it someday!.

chris

• Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    Chris, I agree with you totally.....it's hard to believe how much fun I had building the diorama for this challenge. And painting the walnut shell. Well, and I'll admitt, playing with the little boat in the diorama was fun too. Wish now I'd made a sea monster to put in the waves.......
    I think you toothpick mat is gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2011
    I'm glad a have a compadre on this one!

I loved your diorama.

chris