Grass/Prairie landscapes in Arizona?

mconnellmconnell Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 25, 2011 in Location, Location, Location!
Hey all, I live in the phoenix area and am in need of some areas in Northern AZ that have a grassland/prairie look to them. Will be doing some maternity shots, and the goal is to have a very country look to them. Any kind of field would work as long as it's not mostly dirt covered. I found a prairie reserve up in Flagstaff but they seem pretty strict and need appointments to have people come walk through it (really? in nature??)

Anyone have any suggestions for areas like this?

Comments

• nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    The nature preserve (Hart Prairie) north of flagsteff is really nice.
    They have a locked gate that goes back to the preserve, but the road out to the gate has some nice shots.
    Also, the ski area just outside of town has some nice open areas as well.

I just did a month long ad shoot in Flagstaff and have lots of scout shots I could send you a link to.
    Or you could send me a PM with your # and I would be glad to pass on any info that may help you out.

Here are a few shots from the Preserve from back in March when I was their

1233604421_zgLkZ-L.jpg

1234760454_kYLxN-L.jpg

1234760784_EfqEi-L.jpg

Dave
  • JovesJoves Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    Sorry this is late but file it away for the future. There is also Garland Pairie which you can get to by taking the Parks exit and making a left. You cant miss it. There are also a couple of abandonded homestead buildings in the area. I have a photo or two in my gallery somewhere of one of them.
    I shoot therefore Iam.
    http://joves.smugmug.com/