Options

WTB: used software (Capture NX2)

fronsfrons Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited August 25, 2011 in The Kitchen Sink
I'd like to buy a piece of software that someone has previously installed (registered?), used, uninstalled, and would like to sell. Has anyone had success or trouble doing this in the past? Capture NX2 is the software in question. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    frons wrote: »
    I'd like to buy a piece of software that someone has previously installed (registered?), used, uninstalled, and would like to sell. Has anyone had success or trouble doing this in the past? Capture NX2 is the software in question. Thanks for any help.
    Yes, I've bought & sold software before.

The answer is software-specific.

Some software performs no registration/activation at all, and you can just install and use it.

Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) must be "de-activated" on the system it's installed on, then the old owner can get a transfer-of-license form from Adobe to move the ownership registration over to the new owner. The new owner can then "activate" the software on his/her system.

Some software has very strict registration policies and can be a pain to transfer (Microsoft software comes to mind, esp on Windows platforms).

I haven't used Capture NX2, so unfortunately can't answer for it. I'd suggest Googl'ing for something like "Capture NX2 (sale OR transfer OR re-activation)". Or perhaps someone on the forum has specifically bought or sold used Capture NX2 and can post a reply.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 25, 2011
    I've moved your thread and edited the title to reflect you are looking for a copy of NX2 (I think...)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    fronsfrons Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    DoctorIt wrote: »
    I've moved your thread and edited the title to reflect you are looking for a copy of NX2 (I think...)

Well, actually I was more interested in knowing if buying a second-hand copy of Capture NX2 was kosher with Nikon. This Flickr thread would indicate not. I found this Dgrin thread later which also seems to say as much. So, maybe this thread should be merged or scuttled elsewhere. ne_nau.gif