Options

Thoughts about this shot?

r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
edited August 30, 2011 in Weddings
This weekend, I wanted to try something different and very inspired by fellow shooters here... thoughts?

6085619540_b678865195_b.jpg

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr

Comments

• Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2011
    Good exposure and use of off-camera flash. The groom's stance is a little awkward, especially the legs. Did you just take this one shot or did you play with various angles while maintaining the lighting setup ? If so, i'd love to see more versions of this shot. Overall, well done.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2011
    Yeah, he was more comfortable with his legs open than standing prostrate :P

I took a number of shots with this lighting setup actually. I did all the formals this way. She (the bride) really wanted shots of the water in the background. I'll post more up as soon as I get through more of them. :)

• Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited August 29, 2011
    Nice exposure!
    I agree, nicely lit, good exposure. In post processing I would try to get more color out of the sky / try to play with that.
    Also in the future I'd try to get poses with the groom can just lie on something. if nothing else is there, the bride is it :) So for example if they were both 3/4 to you, and you could have the groom put one elbow on the bride's shoulder, and one in the pocket, you could probably get him to relax for a little while, and then get him moving.
    I would love to see you try getting different angles next time too - specifically, from a higher point of view. That can be tricky sometimes because grooms tend to be real tall, but even trying to get shots at arm's length, you'll probably get a more flattering angle on their face.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2011
    sphynge wrote: »
    I agree, nicely lit, good exposure. In post processing I would try to get more color out of the sky / try to play with that.
    Also in the future I'd try to get poses with the groom can just lie on something. if nothing else is there, the bride is it :) So for example if they were both 3/4 to you, and you could have the groom put one elbow on the bride's shoulder, and one in the pocket, you could probably get him to relax for a little while, and then get him moving.
    I would love to see you try getting different angles next time too - specifically, from a higher point of view. That can be tricky sometimes because grooms tend to be real tall, but even trying to get shots at arm's length, you'll probably get a more flattering angle on their face.

Hope that helps!

Indeed it does :D

I got more shots (of course), I just really wanted to get this one done since I've seen similar shots done here that I liked and never tried to do the same. thumb.gif

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2011
    It's pretty, but would be more believable if his left hand was somehow connecting with his wife. It just doesn't look real with his arm hanging by his side. He should be touching her.

Good exposure and composition.