Options

Is SmugMug slow?

BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited September 1, 2011 in SmugMug Support
I was just looking at some of the new product videos that Janet mentioned and found that they were choppy.

I did a speed and linetest and got a relatively slow result from the website.
Main site test
9832938.png

Speedtest
9832910.png

I am running on a Mac under Lion and tried with both Firefox and Chrome with similar results. I checked and the wife is asleep so nothing else is streaming
-=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact

Comments

• Options
    edited August 31, 2011
    Bump. Still having slower SmugMug server speeds compared to other sites. Is it just me?
    -=Bradford

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2011
    Bump. Still having slower SmugMug server speeds compared to other sites. Is it just me?

Write our heroes, Brad - we'll help find where the problem is.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2011
    Done, thanks.

Never sure when to write Heroes and when to post question here...
    -=Bradford

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2011
    Done, thanks.

Never sure when to write Heroes and when to post question here...

Here = pretty much me :D help.smugmug.com = 33+ heroes working round the clock!
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2011
    And after a little nudge from Lindy - problem solved. I forgot to reset the modem since I was getting good speed to other sites. A little reminder goes a long way.

And Andy, there are times I think that there is more than one of you with how often you are here, and that you might not sleep.
    -=Bradford

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 1, 2011
    And after a little nudge from Lindy - problem solved. I forgot to reset the modem since I was getting good speed to other sites. A little reminder goes a long way.

And Andy, there are times I think that there is more than one of you with how often you are here, and that you might not sleep.

According to my Webmaster Tools account in Google, my SM site is slower than 87% of the websites they crawl:

"On average, pages in your site take 7.3 seconds to load (updated on Aug 28, 2011). This is slower than 87% of sites."
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2011
    PHOTOK wrote: »
    According to my Webmaster Tools account in Google, my SM site is slower than 87% of the websites they crawl:

"On average, pages in your site take 7.3 seconds to load (updated on Aug 28, 2011). This is slower than 87% of sites."

That is a little misleading ranking. Remember that they are comparing text only pages to graphically intense pages. Since it is all the pages they review.

My issue was a measured connection issue between my node and the servers that was resolved.
    -=Bradford