Options

How to Find Image by URI

MannyManny Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
Hello,

Many times I embed an image in a gallery somewhere on thw web and then I forget where it is on my Gallery. Is there a way to find this image in my gallery from any of the info in the URI?

For example:

http://manny.smugmug.com/photos/1211363404_rZ98A-L.jpg

How can I find this image in my galleries? I have tried to search for the ID, part of the ID, the URI, etc. etc.

Thanks for your help :-)

Comments

• Options
    David PLDavid PL Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Manny wrote: »
    Hello,

Many times I embed an image in a gallery somewhere on thw web and then I forget where it is on my Gallery. Is there a way to find this image in my gallery from any of the info in the URI?

For example:

http://manny.smugmug.com/photos/1211363404_rZ98A-L.jpg

How can I find this image in my galleries? I have tried to search for the ID, part of the ID, the URI, etc. etc.

Thanks for your help :-)

If you have an API Key, you should be able to simply construct a URL as follows to get that information (the green shows which parts to insert from your above URL):

This should then return a response from SmugMug that will give you all the information on that image, including the URL for that image in context of the gallery (see the red below). You can then paste that URL into your web browser to identify the gallery in which the given image is located:
    {"stat":"ok","method":"smugmug.images.getInfo","Image":{"id":1211363404,"Key":"rZ98A","Album":{"id":869816,"Key":"KJHmVW","URL":"http://pictures.mannyphoto.com/Airplanes/Random-Aircraft/869816_KJHmVW#1211363404_rZ98A"},
    ......}}
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2011
    Sweet! :-) Now, to get the API key. I think I may have one since I have Lightroom doing all sorts of things on my SmugMug. Does that count? let me go play.

Thank you David...
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    Sweet! :-) Now, to get the API key. I think I may have one since I have Lightroom doing all sorts of things on my SmugMug. Does that count? let me go play.

Thank you David...

You have to request your own API key. You can do this through your control panel by clicking "help" next to API Keys section on your "settings" page.

Or when logged in just go to <nickname>.smugmug.com/hack/apikeys
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2011
    Thanks Miikka :-) I figured that out as soon as I posted my reply above :ivar

Now, what if the Image is a password protected or hidden URI? I tried the API function "password" (as in &password=blah in the constructed URL) but it fails...

Thank you.
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    Thanks Miikka :-) I figured that out as soon as I posted my reply above :ivar

Now, what if the Image is a password protected or hidden URI? I tried the API function "password" (as in &password=blah in the constructed URL) but it fails...

Thank you.

The API is a stickler for casing and "password" should be "Password".
    If the picture is in gallery that has hide owner set then you won't be able to get the gallery URL as this would undo the hiding in the first place.