Options

Wedding/Event Album Creation Software Advice??

DigiArtsDigiArts Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 7, 2011 in Finishing School
I've been using InDesign to create albums for my wedding clients, and have also done a few for other events, but I find the process to be exceedingly cumbersome. I have started to look at software that is designed specifically for photo album creation and I am looking for input from people who have actually used the various software programs out there. In particular I've been looking at LumaPix's FotoFusion. The price seems right and unlike most of the other software I've looked at, it is self contained. Has anyone here had experience with this software? Do you have any other suggestions/preferences?

Comments

• Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2011
    I haven't used the lumapix fotofusion at all but David Ziser did a 2hr webcast on it last week. Here is the link.

http://vimeo.com/28203296

I think there is a coupon code 1:56 into the video to get it for $99 as well or so he says.... Good luck....
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    GiddyimGiddyim Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2011
    Hi,

I strongly recomend Lumapix::FotoFusion. I've used it extensively for everything from yearbooks to wedding albums, scrapbooks to one-page senior composites. The software is exceptionally easy to learn and the results are absolutely beautiful. There is a AutoCollage feature that will instantly fill a page with all the photos you want. Often all you have to do from there is drop in a background and tweak frames and text to look the way you want. However, the program is plenty powerful enough to let you customize your pages in whatever way you desire. You can take photos and make them black and white or sepia, add a gradient, tweak colors, zoom in/out and crop - all without making a single change to your original file. In fact - nothing you do within the software does anything to your original images (a fact that has saved me on many occasions).

The two most important points for me were first, as you said, it is self contained and does not require Adobe or anything else to run. Second, it will out put an large number of different formats, which gives me a wide variety of ways to print/publish my work. I have used several different publishers and wouldn't willingly give up the freedom to do so!

In the end, all I can say is I've used other software and there isn't another out there I would recommend as strongly, both for ease of use and final result. Go over to the Lumapix website, give their trial a shot - it's free and I really think you'll find it is what you are looking for.