Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Still working fine on my end...
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Hi Bob, looks like it was a momentary thing - we're up and running here, please write our Support Heroes for further assistance if you are having troubles - and also you can check http://status.smugmug.com for updates
  • Options
    durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    thanks for the follow-up Andy and Steve...yup, everything turned out well right after that; don't know what happened. Can you say "glitch"? (I wonder when that word appeared in the English vocabulary?)
  • Options
    OnFirePhotographyOnFirePhotography Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    i got that aswell but it caused my upload to fail.
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Will you please, please, please, loose that awful cartoon when the site is down?
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2011
    smurfy wrote: »
    Will you please, please, please, loose that awful cartoon when the site is down?
    We are.
  • Options
    TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    We are.

Given the apparent simplicity of the change, I don't think it's out of order to ask for the timeframe on this.

Please note, I am prepared to burst into hysterical laughter if there's a claim that you don't announce features and release dates to protect the competitive advantage.

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    TalkieT wrote: »
    Given the apparent simplicity of the change, I don't think it's out of order to ask for the timeframe on this.

Please note, I am prepared to burst into hysterical laughter if there's a claim that you don't announce features and release dates to protect the competitive advantage.

Cheers - N

lol3.gif we're trying to get it done asap - we've got some designs in the works, hopefully it'll be soon.
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2011
    The site was just down a few moments ago, complete with the ugly, unprofessional, juvenile coffee machine logo again, . It seems to be resolved now, but have to admit, seeing that coffee machine again after the comments and assurances made months ago was as disturbing, if not more so, as the site itself being down.

My renewal is up this month...Smugmug is making it harder to stay put with these empty promises for seemingly simple changes that drag on for months and years.
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2011
    smurfy wrote: »
    The site was just down a few moments ago, complete with the ugly, unprofessional, juvenile coffee machine logo again, . It seems to be resolved now, but have to admit, seeing that coffee machine again after the comments and assurances made months ago was as disturbing, if not more so, as the site itself being down.

My renewal is up this month...Smugmug is making it harder to stay put with these empty promises for seemingly simple changes that drag on for months and years.
    We're not supposed to show that graphic and I've already inquired as to why we still are. I'm sorry. We'll get it fixed.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Mine's back up! Thanks!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2011
    Site struggling again here on the right coast~
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2011
    Back up!
    tom wise
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
  • Options
    twinsmomtwinsmom Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Not working here either. It comes and goes. This stinks. I'm just on a free trial but it makes me seriously consider using someone else.
  • Options
    frugalafrugala Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    twinsmom wrote: »
    Not working here either. It comes and goes. This stinks. I'm just on a free trial but it makes me seriously consider using someone else.

Stinks even more for me. I just ponied up the $60 for a Power account yesterday, then last night i got that screen, and again tonight with the coffee machine! Yikes!

Should I be checking out Zenfolio while i wait for Smugmug to come online??
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2011
    OK SMugmug seems to be back up again, and I did check out Zenfolio. It looks nice, but they don't appear to do video, so i'm still happy with the smugmug choice, hope it isn't a nightly thing to go off line....
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2011
    frugala wrote: »
    OK SMugmug seems to be back up again, and I did check out Zenfolio. It looks nice, but they don't appear to do video, so i'm still happy with the smugmug choice, hope it isn't a nightly thing to go off line....

It has been clunky for me all evening. It took about a day to upload 287 pictures and movie clips and now it is only showing some of the pictures, not all of them, when earlier i was able to see them as soon as they uploaded. *Maybe* it has to do some more processing? Sure seems "clunky" so far, hope it gets better...
    =========
    edit: I just checked my router traffic, and it says my macbook has 213 open sessions through the DLS modem. That sure sounds like a lot! Maybe the iPhoto plugin choked on doing 287 pics/movies? Guess I will restart the mac tomorrow and see if things are any cheerier. Gnite.
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2011
    The site is down again here in my little world in NY, but is it just me? There's no mention of it here, on the smugmug blog, FB, or twitter, but there is a screen saying smugmug is offline. ( No coffee pot, thank you, Andy, for fixing that part! )

I'd just uploaded a gallery and was setting print prices when it crashed.

ETA: Here's the text from the screen:
    URL, Interrupted

We’re sorry but SmugMug is currently offline due to technical difficulties. We realize this is terribly inconvenient to you, but our engineers are working as quickly as possible to get the site back to normal.

We’re working hard to keep your photos safe and sound and you’ll see them soon. Please visit our Status page for updates.
    Check Status
  • Options
    GKPGKP Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    I am still seeing the site down. and getting this message

We’re sorry but SmugMug is currently offline due to technical difficulties. We realize this is terribly inconvenient to you, but our engineers are working as quickly as possible to get the site back to normal.
    We’re working hard to keep your photos safe and sound and you’ll see them soon. Please visit our Status page for updates.

Status page shows all OK! .. but 2 minutes of loading... then this message is not ok? eh?

For reference my stuff is located at gkp.smugmug.com

thanks!
  • Options
    Somehow it's encouraging that it's not just me.
  • Options
    yeah not just you Smurfy.. and I am in a datacenter with a 14 gigabit connection to the net. Could be something with a route from east to west coast though. I am in Miami.

This always seems to happen when I am "showing off" the site to someone.

-G
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    I was wondering if it was just me having problems. I'm out here in Hawaii.
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
  • Options
    Its working again here in Miami