sp-2-2-L.jpg

sp-1-2-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    It did not take you too long to get warmed up...

Both are wonderful. Not sure what to make of the first. It is just such a study in contrasts (double entendre always intended...). Their closeness on the bench is what makes the shot.

Speaking of contrast, the second one might benefit from toning it down to get more detail/attention on the girl's face -- her gaze is likely as important as the guy's expression. This is one wonderful shot with the moment captured precisely when it was best and the triangle formed by the three people. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    #1 for me

#2 contrast to high, maybe yes/no :D
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    I like them both, Liz. You have a natural " eye " for this stuff. In one of the free books that David turned us onto, the author feels that having that " eye " is the most important aspect of good street photography.

The first shot strikes a very deep chord with me. I have a difficult time conversing with someone dressed in the garb as that person in black is wearing. I depend on reading a person's facial expressions to discern their true emotions. It makes me uncomfortable to be denied that input. While I can't be certain of her feelings, such a concern doesn't appear to be a problem for the other lady in this picture as she seems very conversant. It's a wonderful shot.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    It did not take you too long to get warmed up...

Both are wonderful. Not sure what to make of the first. It is just such a study in contrasts (double entendre always intended...). Their closeness on the bench is what makes the shot.

Speaking of contrast, the second one might benefit from toning it down to get more detail/attention on the girl's face -- her gaze is likely as important as the guy's expression. This is one wonderful shot with the moment captured precisely when it was best and the triangle formed by the three people. bowdown.gif

Thank you Rainbow.
    I will work on dodging her face a bit--you know I worked and reworked that conversion on shot #2 and just wasn't happy w/ any of them including the end result. It was just blah!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    #1 for me

#2 contrast to high, maybe yes/no :D

maybe rolleyes1.gif. Will try and rework it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2011
    I like them both, Liz. You have a natural " eye " for this stuff. In one of the free books that David turned us onto, the author feels that having that " eye " is the most important aspect of good street photography.

The first shot strikes a very deep chord with me. I have a difficult time conversing with someone dressed in the garb as that person in black is wearing. I depend on reading a person's facial expressions to discern their true emotions. It makes me uncomfortable to be denied that input. While I can't be certain of her feelings, such a concern doesn't appear to be a problem for the other lady in this picture as she seems very conversant. It's a wonderful shot.thumb.gif

Tom

The second I spotted the lady w/ the burkha I wanted to photograph her then she sat down w/ her friend and I was completely drawn to them.

Though I'm happy I caught this shot--the conversation between them (as you pointed out the one doing the talking seems oblivious to her friends attire) they are so comfortable with each other, I am not happy w/ the actual crop composition--feels a little flat to me.
    I didn't want to be seen so I didn't work the scene like I could have.

On another note, the lady w/ the burkha, I imagined she would be very quiet and try and blend in to the scene and not call attention to herself (not sure why I thought this). After a bit she went over to her girls on the swings and she reprimanded the hell out of them loudly. Kind of had to laugh to myself, she's just like any other mother.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited September 9, 2011
    Though I'm happy I caught this shot--the conversation between them (as you pointed out the one doing the talking seems oblivious to her friends attire) they are so comfortable with each other, I am not happy w/ the actual crop composition--feels a little flat to me.
    I didn't want to be seen so I didn't work the scene like I could have.
    I really like the first one, but I'd crop off the left edge to the beginning of the bench. thumb.gif