Options

Zooming in...

EpicurosEpicuros Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
edited September 10, 2011 in The Big Picture
This may not be the right chapter to post this question but it appeared to me the closest:
I recall having visited a web site, where a large city was shown from a vantage point and you had the possibility to zoom in on several windows all over the city and have a blown up photo of the inside. It was interesting but I have forgotten the URL. Can anyone provide a link (or clue) to this site? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    Hi and wow, that sounds really cool. I don't know which site that was but I'll move this over to the Big Picture forum for you, for more eyes. Good luck!
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    Sounds kinda like Google Maps. You know, with the street view.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    This?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    EpicurosEpicuros Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2011
    Although interesting, it is not 26 Gpixel Paris or 10GP Vancouver. In the photo I am searching for, you could click on specific points marked on the photo (mostly windows of buildings) and you could see a blown up view of the room and the people in it. It was not just any window but those that the photographer chose to have made a photo of, apparently by means of a powerful telescope rather than with a common telelens, which in the best case, cannot go beyond 1200mm or even 2400 with a 2X converter.
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2011
    I remember something like that from a number of years ago. I think it was a university project in Germany or Austria, maybe. They set up a camera with a large zoom on the roof of a building, and using a computer controlled mechanism, took thousands (?) of photos of the city, then stitched them all together. As a whole, it was an overview of the city, but you could zoom in to see all the details. I don't think you were limited to particular areas of the photo that could be zoomed to.