Options

#85 phsycodelic

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited September 11, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok...so I have played hooky today from work and worked on this assignment instead! And what an awesome one it is! Right up my alley when it comes to abstract art. I had learned about Orton's methods a few years back and have brought some of the tecnique into my work at times. This time I set my camera to a higher saturation in order to get the brightest of colors vs the muted pastels that blurring can cause. These a pretty much what came out of the camera with the exception of popping the contrast on a couple of them. I am posting a few here but you can see the rest of todays shoot in this album...

ABSTRACTS

So here are some shots for today...let me know your absolute fav if you have one! Or tell me which one in the album you like.:thumb

1. Sparkler...
JMM7659ed-L.jpg

2. Sunflower
JMM7700ed-L.jpg

JMM7655ed-L.jpg

5. The Spitting Frog
JMM7589ed-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    I love the Sunflower... of course they are my favorite flower! :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2011
    Heres a couple more..

6. Tripin'
    JMM7706ed-L.jpg

7. Bug Splat...
    JMM7637ed-L.jpg

8. Bad Hair Day...
    JMM7646ed-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2011
    btw...for those who might be curious...the sunflower was laying on a dark green counter top with a blue bottle of windex, a red squirt bottle, a white roll of paper towels, a light blue bottle of fabreeze and a pink pencil holder as background colors. All the other pics were taken outdoors of trees and weeds mainly.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    I like the sunflower. The contrasting colors add to the comp.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    Love 1, 2 and 6! Very nice work!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited September 10, 2011
    Fun to see all of these and hear how you created the sunflower shots! My favorite is #2.
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2011
    Thanks you all for your comments! I appreciate them and have entered #2. I am also concidering making that one into a huge print for my daughters wall!