Options

Orton Blur Tries C&C

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited September 13, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I think I've got the motion effect down pretty good so I thought I'd try a few with the blur effect. I don't think any of these will be the final entry but want to see if I'm at least getting the effect right. Would appreciate comments and critique.

DSCF2811-copy-L.jpg

DSCF2776-copy-L.jpg

Laguna08-13-110561-copy-L.jpg

DSCF2805-copy-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    TJRidgwayTJRidgway Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2011
    Number one doesn't come up for me.

I like number two and four myself. Is that one of the blimp hangers? If so, in Ohio or California?
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    I like #2 and #3. Yes, I believe you got it!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    TJRidgway wrote: »
    Number one doesn't come up for me.

I like number two and four myself. Is that one of the blimp hangers? If so, in Ohio or California?

Yes, that is one of two hangers that are on what used to be Tustin Marine Corps Air Station in CA... #2 is an old church that also sits on the site. Nothing like shooting pics through chain link fence!!
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    Just got back from shooting some pics at a memorial for the fallen soldiers of Iraq and Afganistan. We'll see how those come out...
  • Options
    TJRidgwayTJRidgway Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    I've been up close and personnel with those at Moffett Field, but none of the others. They are absolutely HUGE!

Looking forward to seeing the memorial photos!
  • Options
    Pics from the memorial that I used the Orton effect on...

DSCF2875-copy-L.jpg

DSCF2939-copy-L.jpg

DSCF2880-copy-L.jpg

DSCF2860-copy-L.jpg

• Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,276 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    I'm liking #6 the best of these........
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    #2, the church from the first set, and #6 in the 2nd set are my faves.
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    I'm sticking with my original choices.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    The Tustin Preservation Society is having a Hanger tour this weekend... whoo hoo!! I've always wanted to get up close and personal with those hangers! Can't wait to take some shots from inside!
  • Options
    CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    I like #2! Hope you are having as much fun as I have playing with the affect!
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2011
    CHANDLERJA wrote: »
    I like #2! Hope you are having as much fun as I have playing with the affect!

I'm having a blast! I'm totally obsessed with this challenge! wings.gif