Options

Tall Ships as seen my me, ginger

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 21, 2004 in Landscapes
And it was a hot one Saturday. Heat index of 105%, a large bldg blocked the breeze. We spent 2 or 3 hours at the Maritime Festival. It was the first time I have been there in more than 10 years. I forgot, draws a big crowd. Nice looking ships though. I did not go to see them come in under sail, but I did like looking at them docked all together.

5318015-M.jpg

Some of the crowd

5318041-M.jpg

5318033-M.jpg

With the eagle on that ship, it was a popular spot for photographers

5318037-M.jpg

5318492-M.jpg

5318052-M.jpg

This was the only shade, the long bldg across from the ships, people retreated like they were lined up to be shot...... really was a bit warm.

5318032-M.jpg

5318034-M.jpg

5318019-M.jpg

Between these ships you can see the bridge over the Cooper River, I live on the other side, in Mt Pleasant, the ships were in Charleston.

5318038-M.jpg

I liked the shapes that were formed by the rig and the sails. Other than the heat, it was a beautiful day. The light was getting quite nice as we had to leave.

5318027-M.jpg

5318049-Th.jpg I was against the wall with the other people. I had my husband take my picture in case I thought I might want to see the ships again next year. ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    wow, great set clap.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    5318015-S.jpg

Love this shot, Ginge.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2004
    I think Andy said it in another thread but I agree; you're an inspiration! Not just because of your pictures but also because you share your thoughts about them..it's nice to know what you think about your work and it makes me more critical to my own! Thanks!
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2004
    Too Funny!
    ginger_55 wrote:
    And it was a hot one Saturday. Heat index of 105%, a large bldg blocked the breeze. We spent 2 or 3 hours at the Maritime Festival. It was the first time I have been there in more than 10 years. I forgot, draws a big crowd. Nice looking ships though. I did not go to see them come in under sail, but I did like looking at them docked all together.

5318015-M.jpg

5318019-M.jpg

5318049-Th.jpg I was against the wall with the other people. I had my husband take my picture in case I thought I might want to see the ships again next year. ginger
    Too Funny, Ginger.... I know the feeling... Same way I feel when I go to Harborfest here in Norfolk, VA... also about once a decade!

I love the shots of all the flags and sails!
    Nicely done...
    Kudos.
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."