Options

HTML -> drgin posts

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited September 22, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Is there documentation somewhere of the input language for dgrin posts? Is there a thing somewhere that can convert simple html to that language? If not, I might have to write one.

I asked once whether it was possible to post HTML and Baldy said it was a matter of security. It is possible for specific posts in HTML to be allowed?

I've found Nvm to be a great choice for writing long posts like the Sharpening post, but conversion to dgrin input is boring. I'm on the verge of writing a script to do it. But perhaps someone already has, or perhaps the moderators can allow me to post HTML.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I asked once whether it was possible to post HTML and Baldy said it was a matter of security. It is possible for specific posts in HTML to be allowed?

As far as I know it is either on or off, not definable by user and it is off as you know via Baldy.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Is there documentation somewhere of the input language for dgrin posts? Is there a thing somewhere that can convert simple html to that language? If not, I might have to write one.

I've found Nvm to be a great choice for writing long posts like the Sharpening post, but conversion to dgrin input is boring. I'm on the verge of writing a script to do it. But perhaps someone already has, or perhaps the moderators can allow me to post HTML.

:nono html is off and staying off, sorry rutt. nothing we can do about it. input language? all the dgrin codes are here.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2005
    The biggest pain in converting simple html to dgrin input for me is the lack of a size option for img. In html, one can specify a display size for the image different from its actual size. Without this feature, I have to resize in PS and reupload. This would be a great feature and should be simple to add.

Baldy asked what html features I really missed. At the time text flowing around an image came to mind and he said he would look into it. That hasn't happened. Here is another.

I don't expect a lot here. I know the team is busy. I'll work on a simple conversion utility. The img size option would certainly make that work better.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 11, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    The biggest pain in converting simple html to dgrin input for me is the lack of a size option for img. In html, one can specify a display size for the image different from its actual size. Without this feature, I have to resize in PS and reupload. This would be a great feature and should be simple to add.

Baldy asked what html features I really missed. At the time text flowing around an image came to mind and he said he would look into it. That hasn't happened. Here is another.

I don't expect a lot here. I know the team is busy. I'll work on a simple conversion utility. The img size option would certainly make that work better.
    Hey Rutt,

You can check the forums at www.vbulletin.com to see what can be specified wrt expanding the IMG tag or creating a new one with paramters like ALIGN, WIDTH, etc. I think you'll find there that they have a very dim view of turning HTML on.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2005
    Crude but effective
    OK, I wrote a little python script that can take HTML and turn it into VB code for input into a dgrin post. It's just good enough to handle the sharpening tutorial I wrote with Nvu. Nvu has the nice property that it makes fairly simple html if you don't get fancy. So, I'm clearly missing some things because I didn't get fancy. But I think it will be easy to add stuff as needed. As it is, it will break the back of the job next time I want to do this.

The script can be downloaded from here: http://www.chezrutt.com/rutt/html2vbcode.py

What I'd really love is to get back any enhancements that anyone else does, or enhancement requests if people use html features that need to get translated to vb code but aren't yet.

If you want to write a long post, it really is a lot safer and more convenient to do in Nvm and then translate. With a little TLC, this script could really help that process.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    Hey Rutt,

You can check the forums at www.vbulletin.com to see what can be specified wrt expanding the IMG tag or creating a new one with paramters like ALIGN, WIDTH, etc. I think you'll find there that they have a very dim view of turning HTML on.

Thanks,
    Baldy

Is this what you were looking for:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56841

Sounds pretty easy and safe. Suppose we can get imgl and imgr?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2005
    bump
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2005
    I know Baldy is busy, but just in case he finds a spare moment, I want him to try the easy procedure to add text flowing around images.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    bump

Please, Baldy, at least acknowledge.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    bump

Please, Baldy, at least acknowledge.

they've been away all memorial day weekend, rutt.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    they've been away all memorial day weekend, rutt.

This issue has been open since 11 April.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    This issue has been open since 11 April.

don't know what to tell ya, rutt... they're running a business and dealing with a lot of growth issues at smugmug. dgrin is a free forum for us :D so, the issues get prioritized.

baldy's aware of it, i assure you.
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2005
    andy wrote:
    don't know what to tell ya, rutt... they're running a business and dealing with a lot of growth issues at smugmug. dgrin is a free forum for us :D so, the issues get prioritized.

baldy's aware of it, i assure you.

I'm just trying to keep it visible on the theory that the squeeky wheel gets the greese. If he has a second he doesn't know what to do with some day and this thing is sitting there, maybe he'll do it.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited September 21, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Is this what you were looking for:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56841

Sounds pretty easy and safe. Suppose we can get imgl and imgr?
    [imgr]http://rutt.smugmug.com/photos/72481-M-2.jpg[/imgr]Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work. Okay, seems to work.
  • Options
    [imgr]http://williams.smugmug.com/photos/13025403-M.jpg[/imgr]this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice![imgr]http://williams.smugmug.com/photos/36816279-L.jpg[/imgr]this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice![imgr]http://williams.smugmug.com/photos/36817405-S.jpg[/imgr] this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice! this is really cool, i'm sure that rutt's gonna be all over this, like white on rice!
  • Options
    [imgl]http://www.moonriverphotography.com/photos/35161650-L.jpg[/imgl]
    [size=+20]HOORAY!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    And thank you![/size]
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    rutt wrote:

told ya lol3.gif
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    Nuts. All of you, Nuts!
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Nuts. All of you, Nuts!

i know. look at rutt, he's even using smilies Laughing.gif3
  • Options
    andy wrote:

Now that's abuse of a moderator's power. If it weren't so funny, I'd have to seek some sort of revenge.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    rutt wrote:
    Now that's abuse of a moderator's power. If it weren't so funny, I'd have to seek some sort of revenge.
    Sure sure, blame it on Andy. Just embrace the smiles!!! You know you want to
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    rutt wrote:

ne_nau.gif moi?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 22, 2005
    andy wrote:
    maybe he's been into that new alcoholic soda... drgin lol8.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos