Options

Final out put prossesing

endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited September 12, 2011 in Finishing School
Hi guys hope I'm posting this in the right area. Took film pictures for years and now the last couple really been back into taking digital stuff. Feel pretty good with my photos and my editing, things look good to me on the computer screen.

Now for the question. My employer, a larger one, is running an in house art contest and I'm wanting to enter it. I have went to a local store and done a few prints for my self and framed them with cheaper frames. Now for printing and framing something for a contest, wanting to make it look really good. But I'm really lost on final out put.

1) Where are you all having good quality prints made?

2) Any hints on framing? Was thinking about going to the local crafts store that does lots of it.

This is the image I was wanting to use.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Comments

• Options
    PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    endurodog wrote: »
    1) Where are you all having good quality prints made?

White House Custom Color
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    I would recommend cropping the hose and sign out, and, and based on my screen, I think this will print out on the dull flatter side. Can you soft proof? How have the previous prints turned out compared to your
    monitor?

Again based on what you want your image to look like, soft pastel, or eye popping color, you may want to revisit the final possessing. This will also affect your choice of paper. Fine art for a softer pastel look, maybe metallic for an eye popping look.

As for framing why not try a simple white / off white matt with a simple black frame?

Many here use Bay Photo.

Good luck,

Sam
  • Options
    PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    endurodog wrote: »
    2) Any hints on framing? Was thinking about going to the local crafts store that does lots of it.

Good idea. I did that with a large print that I had framed as a gift. You can place various combinations of mats and frames beside the picture and see how they go with the image (which is excellent).

Rather than crop out the hose and sign as someone suggested, I would clone them out.

sprinkler.gif

I wonder if a darker mat would set the image off nicely. Experiment at a framing shop and you'll find what works best.

sprinkler-1.jpg
  • Options
    endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    Thanks guys!