Options

#85 Another Go...

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
edited September 14, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's what I previously posted:
i-V92Rr6P-XL.jpg
i-WZmbRQ4-XL.jpg

I re-worked the one that's a bit "too green". Is this better? Is #1 still better than this green one?
i-tsZRkVV-XL.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    I love #1. Of the others, I like the bright green, but I like bright colors.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    I like #3 the best, but it has to do with the composition. The symmetry, like the little leaf ends going off in opposite directions. I think #2 is too green too, but #3 feels a little flat in its colors. Can you take it in LR and simply boost Vibrance a little?
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    I don't know how I missed these. #1 is really striking - colorful. #3 is wonderful! I definitely like the green better in that one than in #2.
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    i'm still a fan of the leaves. They're gorgeous Kate. The willow is nice, but for me is something I've seen shot a hundred times.
    I still like the pop the green and rich black have in #2, but the crop is diff in #3 as well as the HSL. I love the space the new crops gives the smaller leaves, and how it's not 'in my face'.
    And I really like how the smaller delicate leafs tucked inside are more distinct thru bring the sat and luminance levels down.
    Doubtful it would get majority voting, but I love those leaves...Laughing.gif Very nice.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    #3 tips me to the leaves as this crop (and the more subdued green) really lets the pattern of the leaves and their veins take center stage. I miss some of the glow in this version but now like this one best, for what it's worth.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    After the last round of comments, I went back out and re-shot this, paying more careful attention to the composition...I guess it pays to take your time and look through the lens! Thank you, all, for your feedback...think I will boost the colors/vibrancy a bit and enter this one.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain