bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2011
    #1 does look like an accident waitin to happen rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2011
    bfjr wrote: »
    #1 does look like an accident waitin to happen rolleyes1.gif

Once upon a time, there would be double the number of people standing on that board. There were times (as a kid) when I would be able to fit only half a shoe of one foot and squeeze my hand between two bodies to grab the bar to ride up the hill a few blocks (with the knowledge that the conductor would not be by to collect fares as he had to tend the rear brake on the steep uphills).

To all the viewers who were not "moved" enough one way or another to comment: the challenge I gave myself here was to shoot "Cable Car" in a different way than other shots usually depicting them. These were the two I came up with (and I almost titled the thread "Rice-a-Roni"...headscratch.gif). The second is probably as "artistic" as you have seen from me thus far.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited September 12, 2011
    rainbow wrote: »
    To all the viewers who were not "moved" enough one way or another to comment: the challenge I gave myself here was to shoot "Cable Car" in a different way than other shots usually depicting them. These were the two I came up with (and I almost titled the thread "Rice-a-Roni"...headscratch.gif). The second is probably as "artistic" as you have seen from me thus far.
    I like both shots. I'm not sure that someone who hasn't spent a lot of time in SF would recognize the first as being a cable car, though. Not sure that it matters. The textures and patterns in #2 are nice, but here even a Bay Area resident might not think cable car.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    I like both shots. I'm not sure that someone who hasn't spent a lot of time in SF would recognize the first as being a cable car, though. Not sure that it matters. The textures and patterns in #2 are nice, but here even a Bay Area resident might not think cable car.

Liking your response... My thinking if viewer did not recognize it as a cable car, it would be even more interesting to wonder what the heck is going on. And if a BA resident did not recognize it, then maybe I should have named it Rice-a-Roni to help them! :confused