Options

Sarah & James - Engagement

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited September 19, 2011 in Weddings
These folks are AWESOME. We did this shoot at their house... I got a little artsy-fartsy with some of them and used ambient light, so consider yourself warned :)

1. He had to find her with his eyes closed :)
110822Sarah-James4-5-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James20-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James29-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James39-L.jpg

5. I think this one is my favorite...
110822Sarah-James42-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James44-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James48-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James47-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James55-L.jpg

110822Sarah-James58-L.jpg

C&C welcome :)
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 16, 2011
    Nothing, huh? :)
    Webpage

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    Fave is six for the sweet moment between them.

They look like a really great couple. I just don't like the inside of their house, including the light quality, all that much, but that's just a personal preference. Would love to see more from outdoors, with the lighting of the first two.
  • Options
    masterofonemasterofone Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    I never feel qualified to nit anybodies work, but since you are asking. I really like the light in #1 but I wish it were one photo. #9 and #10 are very nice portraits. Now this is probably just pre programmed caveman ideals but #4 bothers me because I think their positions should be reversed. He should be the strong dominant character.
    Brian
    Have keyboard and opinion.

Senska Photography
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2011
    Thanks guys. The plan was to do most of the shoot outside, but the mosquitos were just out of control. I think Sarah and I each got about 15 bites in the few minutes we were out there (August in Florida... sigh).
    Webpage

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2011
    I would have loved to see more diversity. Even if you have to decide to do the photos inside, there are many places in any apartment you can shoot to avoid couch shots. Hmmmm.

#1. I think the idea is cute, but when I first saw it on your blog / FB page? I didn't quite get what he was doing, so maybe a story layout would be helpful to tell what he was up to (+ his hand is chopped off :o( .... )
    #2. I don't feel the chemistry between them, looks a bit like they are waiting in a waiting room ne_nau.gif
    #3. Cute
    #4. Probably my favorite, BUT your shutter speed is too slow and I don't like how out of focus this photo appears to be :cry
    #5. Pretty, wish I would see a bit more highlights, and I'd take out the couch in the background. It's just a bit too dark for me.
    #6/7/8. Nice photos, just wish they wouldn't sit on the couch :cry
    #9/10. Nice, but nothing *special*. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    I would have loved to see more diversity. Even if you have to decide to do the photos inside, there are many places in any apartment you can shoot to avoid couch shots. Hmmmm.

#1. I think the idea is cute, but when I first saw it on your blog / FB page? I didn't quite get what he was doing, so maybe a story layout would be helpful to tell what he was up to (+ his hand is chopped off :o( .... )
    #2. I don't feel the chemistry between them, looks a bit like they are waiting in a waiting room ne_nau.gif
    #3. Cute
    #4. Probably my favorite, BUT your shutter speed is too slow and I don't like how out of focus this photo appears to be :cry
    #5. Pretty, wish I would see a bit more highlights, and I'd take out the couch in the background. It's just a bit too dark for me.
    #6/7/8. Nice photos, just wish they wouldn't sit on the couch :cry
    #9/10. Nice, but nothing *special*. ne_nau.gif

Thanks! This is really helpful :)
    Webpage