Options

A couple from an Aug wedding..

Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
edited September 20, 2011 in Weddings
Im finally done with the edit for the couple and thought I would share a few and get some feedback before I send them off to the clients.

Feedback greatly encouraged, I can handle it maturely :D

i-nGFrNGC-M.jpg

i-49Qt9Pz-M.jpg

i-hqqSnhW-M.jpg

i-dnmW2Nd-M.jpg

i-SgRnJCT-M.jpg

i-GBXBsCk-M.jpg

i-7cmT79t-M.jpg

i-fzcqSgg-M.jpg

i-C3QNrV2-M.jpg

Thanks for looking all, as soon as I get these to the clients Ill post the full day!

Comments

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2011
    Familiar location! I think we're almost neighbors. Is this somewhere near Minnewaska?

The Kennedy biography for ring shots is unusual. Was that somehow a part of their story? I like the heart shadows in 7.

Ok, honestly, number one is really weak. Dark, underexposed, and not at all flattering to the bride. I'd delete it. It looks like a friends snapshot. Even with a bump in exposure, it would not be up to par.
    Number four is the weakest of the series in the chairs. It's repetitive of 2, which could also use a brightness or fill light bump.
    Eight and nine are really pretty. But eight would also be nice as a portrait orientation, to draw the eye to that perfect reflection.... like this:

i-d96HBdM-S.jpg

My advice would be to cull out all the mediocre ones unless it's a critical shot like the first kiss or something. You are only as strong as your weakest image.
    Hope this helped! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2011
    Thanks so much smurfy! I felt the same way about 1 and the chair shot. Im now going back to the workbench on these.

You mentioned that Im only as strong as my weakest image and I think that is the best advice ive ever gotten!

We may be neighbors! I live in Wallkill and spend alot of time in the gunks! We abouts are you from?
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited September 20, 2011
    I totally agree with smurfy's comments, plus: if you're going for more of an editorial look, you'll have to expose those shots a lot more... they seem pretty dark to me.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    sphynge wrote: »
    I totally agree with smurfy's comments, plus: if you're going for more of an editorial look, you'll have to expose those shots a lot more... they seem pretty dark to me.

+1...yep...way under exposed. If you shot these in RAW...you should be able to bump up the light. That would help them a lot more than brushing the faces.

Smurfy says: My advice would be to cull out all the mediocre ones unless it's a critical shot like the first kiss or something. You are only as strong as your weakest image.
    Hope this helped! Thanks for sharing.

This is great advice. If you are sharing less than your best work with clients...it will come back to bite you. Once I have my mandatory shots...I don't think twice about cutting any image if it isn't up to par...sharp...color corrected...and especially if it's less than flattering. You never want to present less than flattering images to a bride...or anyone really for that matter.

I like 8 and 9...very nice. To bad you couldn't get the help out of the picture in 8.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    comps are great! I would in gberal up the exposure on most..especially the 1st one..you may have to brush it in there.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com