Options

Jordanian Worker

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited September 21, 2011 in Street and Documentary
Someone smarter than I am will tell me this belongs in people, but I wanted to share it with my favorite group of dgrinners. Sorry I've been absent for so long...marriage and such!

IMG6752-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2011
    I see you're thinking about the next challenge. The shot's either well over exposed or you've shoved away the shadows. The processing feels metallic, the highlights on the left could be brought in. Not good There should be strong shadows behind the gentleman's head, in the stairwell. Let there be a deeper black point. Gradients and tonality, 0 to 255, integrated with the subject will be needed for the challenge.

That said, I like the content. If you've cropped, then loosen it up a little on the bottom and tuck at the top.
  • Options
    Wow! Alright, I will fix it up and try again (while trying to understand everything), thanks michswiss. Also, not a crop.

Any better?

IMG6752-L.jpg
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    Good technical critique, Jennifer, but where's the story?
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    hey there,
    I did not know you went and got married, so many congratulations to you.
    It's very nice to have you back, though I'm not sure why this is your favorite group rolleyes1.gif, maybe because we are so warm and cuddly.

About the shot, it's a niceish portrait. See, I dont' know why you missed us at all.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    michswiss wrote: »
    I see you're thinking about the next challenge. The shot's either well over exposed or you've shoved away the shadows. The processing feels metallic, the highlights on the left could be brought in. Not good There should be strong shadows behind the gentleman's head, in the stairwell. Let there be a deeper black point. Gradients and tonality, 0 to 255, integrated with the subject will be needed for the challenge.

That said, I like the content. If you've cropped, then loosen it up a little on the bottom and tuck at the top.
    hey there,
    though I'm not sure why this is your favorite group rolleyes1.gif

About the shot, it's a niceish portrait. See, I dont' know why you missed us at all.

Because this group is honest.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    Because this group is honest.

Hey Richard, can I get a sticky on that one !! rolleyes1.gifmwink.gif