Options

2 Fresh ones

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited September 21, 2011 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited September 21, 2011
    Too far away on #1, I think. I like #2 though--"I don't care what kind of car you're driving, the sign says 30 minutes." mwink.gif
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    In the spirit of my comments in RSL's thread... I'll second Richard's comment about the first. The unexpected car and signage in the second gave it potential, but it's still too far away to get much other than one man pointing a finger at a second. If there'd been broader body language or the men much more centre stage, then it might have worked.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    On #1, not only too far away, but nothing happening. Pretty much the same in #2: just two guys talking in a parking lot.
  • Options
    Ok #1 to far away, yes but no one sees the reason why? Hmm that far away, OK :D
  • Options
    Well, from the position of the chair it looks like some sort of altercation may be in progress. Most of the women seem to be dressed in school uniforms, or something like that. But I can't really figure it out. What's the story?
  • Options
    Richard wrote: »
    Well, from the position of the chair it looks like some sort of altercation may be in progress. Most of the women seem to be dressed in school uniforms, or something like that. But I can't really figure it out. What's the story?

Well, the kid on right got angry and rose, the chair began to fall, the lady in the middle.................

Oh never mind it's to far away !! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    bfjr wrote: »
    Well, the kid on right got angry and rose, the chair began to fall, the lady in the middle.................

Oh never mind it's to far away !! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

nod.giflol3.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    RSL wrote: »
    On #1, not only too far away, but nothing happening. Pretty much the same in #2: just two guys talking in a parking lot.

You're wrong about one, and you're wrong about two. There indeed seems to be something going on in one, and it contains an interesting composition - but it is, as has already been noted, too damn far off.

As to two - you really see nothing in number two - which also is shot from too far away (what's up with that, Ben? ) ? If that's the case - and you aren't simply welling under a bridge mwink.gif, then perhaps you don't understand street photography.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    Okay, BD, maybe you have better eyes than my corrected 20-20s. Tell me: what's going on in number one other than some people gathering together on the sidewalk. I can see that there are some women on the left in some sort of uniform, but that's about all. As far as #2 is concerned, you're right. There's something going on: There are two guys in a parking lot talking to each other. Is that what you mean by "something going on?"