Options

smugmug.images.getInfo does not return OriginalUrl

knykny Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
I want to get the original url for many of my images so I can curl a download of them.

But, smugmug.images.getInfo does not return the OriginalURL unless I allow the gallery to expose them, which is crazy as why would I expose the unwatermarked originals to the world.

I used the same user/password to upload the images via the api as I am using to try to retrieve the originalURL.

Comments

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2011
    Are you logged in or is this anonymous? If you're logged in, I see why it should be allowed. If you're not, then I see why it shouldn't.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    knykny Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    Are you logged in or is this anonymous? If you're logged in, I see why it should be allowed. If you're not, then I see why it shouldn't.

Can you even use the API without a session key? Yes, I log in via the API with a user/password.
  • Options
    David PLDavid PL Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2011
    kny wrote: »
    I want to get the original url for many of my images so I can curl a download of them.

But, smugmug.images.getInfo does not return the OriginalURL unless I allow the gallery to expose them, which is crazy as why would I expose the unwatermarked originals to the world.

I used the same user/password to upload the images via the api as I am using to try to retrieve the originalURL.

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. I just tried smugmug.images.getInfo and, when logged in as owner, it does return OriginalURL even in a gallery with largest size set to Mediums. I'm using API 1.2.2 with REST response.

Double-check that you're logged-in as owner (i.e., using OAuth, loginwithPassword, or loginwithHash) and not anonymously when you try. When logged-in anonymously, the API will properly restrict the response only to URLs that are publicly accessible.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    kny wrote: »
    Can you even use the API without a session key? Yes, I log in via the API with a user/password.
    You can in more recent versions of the API. I'd double-check that you're actually logged in via the user/pass or use an older version of the API that doesn't easily support anonymous logins.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!