Options

Another Audrey, nude bent backward over curved couch (NSFW)

eleganteyeeleganteye Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited September 23, 2011 in Go Figure
BAP-1.jpg

Comments welcome. Enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    This is a great picture. Very beautiful and elegant. Did you clone out the leg of the chair? This may seem like an odd comment but if I were to complain about one thing, that'd be it. Not having the leg their is drawing my attention to the fact that the legs not there which is taking away from the picture itself.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    CyberSteak wrote: »
    This is a great picture. Very beautiful and elegant. Did you clone out the leg of the chair? This may seem like an odd comment but if I were to complain about one thing, that'd be it. Not having the leg their is drawing my attention to the fact that the legs not there which is taking away from the picture itself.

Yes, I removed many background details. There are two categories of information in an image: composition and context. I'd say the majority of comments I get have to do with sacrificing context for composition. I like the uninterrupted curve of the couch as a compositional element. The problem is, it still looks like a couch, so you wonder "where are the legs?" -- I'd been working on abstracting it to look less like a couch, and will post a rendition when I come up with something that looks acceptable to me.

Aaron
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    The missing leg is what makes it for me. Makes the couch take on the character of a leaf and echo the arch of the body. Really nice!
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2011
    Gorgeous shot and she modeled beautifully. I love the curves and composition. I was wondering too if there was originally a leg, but like you I like the 'flow' without it...more organic.
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2011
    OMG! Sooo "baroque"!iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

I would have some nits, if you don't mind me mentioning them - the figure might have needed better lighting-exposure to keep the shadows looking sweet, and to give more detail and definition to, and isolate the figure more (the couch is taking over the image - dof possibly is playing a part here - this is where we need that newfangled panoptic camera!mwink.gif). There is a hot area on her breast (well you know what I mean!mwink.gif). If you intended this "couch more than figure" result, fair enough!thumb.gif

I would also like to see the pubes area dodged a little to about the same as the thigh shadows.

Exciting image!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2011
    Hi Neil, hello Soul. I removed much of the background, including the legs. I changed the colors, saturation, and contrast. The next thing I would want changed in this image would be to darken the background more. This set was very shallow so light on the model was spilling onto the wall.
  • Options
    garratt15agarratt15a Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    I like it..
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    eleganteye wrote: »
    Hi Neil, hello Soul. I removed much of the background, including the legs. I changed the colors, saturation, and contrast. The next thing I would want changed in this image would be to darken the background more. This set was very shallow so light on the model was spilling onto the wall.

Hello to you too! I agree with that change too...didn't notice it before, was enjoying the simplicity.
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    PhotoGUY123PhotoGUY123 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    If the leg of the couch had a curve to it I don't believe it would have been a distraction or taken away from the photo. I like backgrounds and foregrounds that can compliment the subject or even be a slight contrast to it. Just my thoughts on backgrounds and the couch leg with the above image. I agree that the model did a great job with her pose.
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2011
    If the leg of the couch had a curve to it I don't believe it would have been a distraction or taken away from the photo. I like backgrounds and foregrounds that can compliment the subject or even be a slight contrast to it. Just my thoughts on backgrounds and the couch leg with the above image. I agree that the model did a great job with her pose.

I can't argue with any of that. What I liked about removing the legs is that it gave the shot a slightly unreal look. I like photos that create more questions than answers ;)
  • Options
    YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2011
    Answer:
    Looks like she's defying gravity.

I LIKE IT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Others won't agree in some areas, but that's the beauty of photography personal interpretation