Options

Inserting multiple images into a wordpress blog post

Stuart-MStuart-M Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
edited September 27, 2011 in Weddings
Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty with this, and hopefully there are some other wordpress users on here:D Previously I have used the prophoto theme in wordpress which allows multiple images to be uploaded and inserted into a post. However, my new site uses a different theme and the standard wordpress image insert process seems to only allow one image to be inserted at a time, unless you opt to insert a gallery (which I don't want):dunno

I've searched for plugins, but I can't find any that are wordpress 3 compatible that seem to do what I want. Tried google as well to no avail. Has anybody been successful with this?

Much appreciated,

Stuart

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Call me an old dog who doesn't learn new tricks, but I've always just done it manually in HTML, referencing the URL of images on SmugMug. I upload ALL my upcoming wedding blog photos to a single gallery at ~900 pixels, which is convenient for finding them later when I need to share them online...

http://photos.matthewsaville.com/Weddings/blog-2010-weddings

It really doesn't take much extra time, especially considering that you might want to Alt-tag them all for SEO...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2011
    Hey Stuart
    I have found that I can upload as many photos as I want to a post but have to upload one at a time. For what it's worth, I use the Elegant Grunge theme. You can follow my Blog link below to see it. The latest post consists of two photos.
    E
  • Options
    vivalaveritasvivalaveritas Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Wow Matt that first wedding shot is freakin awesome!!
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I use windows live writer to write my wordpress blog posts. It's a small app from Microsoft, you create the post and insert your images where and how you want them. When you upload the post it uploads the images as well, really a great tool that not a lot of people know about and it's free. I usually upload as draft and then double check, add seo, etc before publishing.
  • Options
    Stuart-MStuart-M Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. Based partly on what Michael said, I'm considering getting a blog editor such as Mars Edit (I'm on a Mac). Anybody tried this?
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2011
    I insert 'em one at a time. That way I can label each of the pictures individually. :)

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    MarcRaymondMarcRaymond Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    mpaulie wrote: »
    I use windows live writer to write my wordpress blog posts. It's a small app from Microsoft, you create the post and insert your images where and how you want them. When you upload the post it uploads the images as well, really a great tool that not a lot of people know about and it's free. I usually upload as draft and then double check, add seo, etc before publishing.

Let me start off by saying your coverage of Dave & Danielle's wedding (11/2010) was amazing clap.gif I saw your blog of that day and was wondering if you used windows live writer to create that blog? I liked the layout alot. I've been debating on purchasing a Prophoto Blog but if it's possible to create a beautiful blog without paying for it then I'm all for it....
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    It's a little slower, but I do one by one. Can't say it is fast or efficient, but I have been doing that since my Xanga blogging days. :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com