#128 Mini Challenge Winners!

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited September 30, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
First I would like to say well done! to all who entered this Music theme! Lots of excellent pictures and it was hard to narrow down.

First Honorable mentions...I didn't put Sherstones images here as he has requested but Sean should know how I feel about his image with the man by the river...that is one of my all time favorites!

HM's.....

Cuong...this one is memorizing. I has stared at it quite a bit and I can hear the music. My eye starts with the closest guy and follows each one...litterally sucking me into the image and feeling the emotions of the guys playing. I love the treatment on this...very nice!:thumb
1081671235_rABiN-L.jpg

Aspecto5...this is very creative and love the whimsical music notes! :thumb
681339314_gMFhw-L.jpg

richtersl....Love the treatment you gave this and the look the man is giving the conductor! Like he's saying, "Can I stop blowing now?!":thumb
IMG3977-L.jpg

bf2015...I remember this in the dss and am still at awe of it! nice work!:thumb
1222476259_FtXgd-XL.jpg

3rd place
marionet...love this composition! Very well put together and the color is great. It would make a nice poster on a wall.:thumb:thumb:thumb
CDs-violin.jpg

2nd place
Stueve Shots.... Love the dof on this and the look of concentration on the boys face! Nice work!:thumb:thumb:thumb
981315512_FXLzY-M.jpg

And the first place Honor goes to.....

billseye!....first off I love that this has a norman rockwell feeling to it! The contrasts are perfect and the treatment has worked well with this image. I bet it was quite a trick not to blow out the whites and you did a marvelous job! I like the crop to this too. Its as if he is leaning back in the chair up against the side of the image. Awesome job!!:thumb:thumb:thumb:clap
Bill-Cabrillo-Lighthouse-L.jpg

Ok Bill, your turn to come up with a challenge!

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    Thank you Joyce for the HM and congrats to all. Beautiful and delightful images in this round.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    Congrats Bill. Well done! clap.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2011
    Congratulations to the winners and to all the entrants for their excellent photos!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    Congrats, Bill! clap.gif
  • zoomnzoomn Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    Congratulations to Bill! I always love his work!

Actually...congratulations to all! What wonderful work this time round.

I can't wait to show my son that he came in second...thanks for that, Joyce. It will be another boost for him that you noticed how hard he is concentrating!
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    Congratulations Bill! It was fun to see all the great shots for this theme!
  • FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    congrats everyone!
  • luxbugluxbug Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    Congrats to billseye! Nice choice on the winning image, very interesting shot. It's so fun seeing all the different entries.
    - Karen
    Luxbug on SmugMug
    “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    Wow! I really didn't expect to place in this round... So much good stuff! Somehow, there's some poetic justice, though, as I spent my early years immersed in music. I was a full on band geek, music major, JHS Music teacher, HS Music, and a Music/Show director for several casts of Up With People.

If everyone promises not to make too much fun, I'll post a cheesy portrait of me and my French Horn in my long-haired, bearded, college heyday.

The photo you selected was taken at the Point Loma Lighthouse in San Diego. The guy with the accordion was doing period street theater outside the lighthouse.

Give me a day and I'll post the next mini theme!

Thanks for the kudos, JAG. You're too kind!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
    Congratulations to Bill! I always love his work!

Thanks for the nice compliment! - Your shot of your son playing the violin is one of my top favorites for this round... and I'm thinking might be part of the inspiration for the next mini challenge. Stay tuned!
    Bill Banning

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    billseye wrote: »
    Wow! I really didn't expect to place in this round... So much good stuff! Somehow, there's some poetic justice, though, as I spent my early years immersed in music. I was a full on band geek, music major, JHS Music teacher, HS Music, and a Music/Show director for several casts of Up With People.

If everyone promises not to make too much fun, I'll post a cheesy portrait of me and my French Horn in my long-haired, bearded, college heyday.

The photo you selected was taken at the Point Loma Lighthouse in San Diego. The guy with the accordion was doing period street theater outside the lighthouse.

Congratulations thumb.gif. I wanted to be a band geek :) long story.
    Please post the photo!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins

Congrats, Bill! Great shot!

I played the French Horn from 7th grade through college. I never owned one. I always played a school instrument.
    edited September 30, 2011
    Okay... Here it is in all it's mid-70's glory.

Billseye as a young hairy man
    Dad-Family-6-L.jpg
    Bill Banning

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    Okay... Here it is in all it's mid-70's glory.

Billseye as a young hairy man
    Dad-Family-6-L.jpg

:Drolleyes1.gif thank you for sharing, made my day. I am digging the lapels :)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    Bill, kudos from another 70's French Horn player!

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.