Options

#86 Monotone enough ?

D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited September 28, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am all about Feisty it seems these days,I do not get out of the house much lately.I will look for other recent shots as well.I like B&W.Maybe I will pull the old M out and shoot a roll of tri-X,but then there would be no RGB factor?Sliding door is dirty due to three dogs noses against it quite often.

Comments

• Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    Perhaps a slightly different angle will work for this. I love the subject, I love the cat, but the dirty window does take away from it a little. Perhaps isolate the cat a little more so that there is not as much going on in the background and it is the sole focus.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    Nice range, from the bright full sun to the shadow on the hind quarters. A real digital challenge. (My cats -love- the full sun!) I like the b/w conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2011
    Iwill Photshop it a bit
    It was a photo of opportunity and doubt the kitty will sit for a portrait .SO I will see what more things I can learn in photoshop to clean up the dirty window,and reduce the background a bit.My focus was a little off and I barely got the Feisty's face in focus.Still learning the DSC-717.I might pull out my film camera and see how that does.

Thanks for the comments as always.
    I am going to buy another P&S a TS3 for when I go sailing this fall.
    Then I will decide if I want to get serious about this once again and get some type of interchangeable lens camera of sorts.Ziggy had made a comment that the Canon 1d series were water sealed fairly well and I am so behind times it will look like the holy grail to me....
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    D_C_NC wrote: »
    I might pull out my film camera and see how that does.

While you may have fun shooting some film, you need to enter a digital image so that the EXIF data shows the date the image was taken. Hope you are able to tweak your shot or find some other photo opportunities!
  • Options
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    While you may have fun shooting some film, you need to enter a digital image so that the EXIF data shows the date the image was taken. Hope you are able to tweak your shot or find some other photo opportunities!
    I understand the need for digital info on these challenges,thanks for the reminder though.I am only entering shots from the little Sony I bought in 2002.When at first I found Photoshop I was all enthused,but I have gone back to my ways of believing that it is best to do as little post work as necessary.Especially in a B&W image that is a spur of the moment shot.
    I just sent my M4 off to be gone over and will indeed enjoy shooting some B & W film and scanning it to see what happens when I try to print it on the new to me Epson printer I just bought.As I personally think the final judgement of an image only is found in a print and I have friends who swear I can get the same kind of depth out of the inkjet as silver halide paper.
    It is all about fun for me.
    Thanks again for the reminder.
    Feisty once again.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    I had a feeling you might want to shoot film anyway :) My youngest son took two cameras to Paris last year. A digital Nikon with one lens and a small film camera (I forget which kind). He really enjoyed shooting BW film, and it was fun to see his results.