Options

Diane and Danny ::engagement session

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited September 28, 2011 in Weddings
I photographed Diane and Danny right after Megan's family session last Saturday in Princeton. We originally planned on August 12th, but, due to my unforeseen accident and a fractured wrist we pushed it back to september because of the surgery on that date.

Anyway check the blog for more images. Click for a surprise.

IMG9159-L.jpg

IMG9216-L.jpg

IMG9295-L.jpg

IMGL2667-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2011
    Love the emotion in these :)

I went to your blog too and caught a typo: you have "I live by these three basic tenants" (or something similar) but a tenant is a renter, a tenet is a principle. ;)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    Love the emotion in these :)

I went to your blog too and caught a typo: you have "I live by these three basic tenants" (or something similar) but a tenant is a renter, a tenet is a principle. ;)

oh. :D Thanks for the correction! That's pretty embarrassing to make such a casual slip!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    Ted I really like what you're doing here. I love the detailed environments and how you are stacking layer upon layer for complex compositions. Great use of emotional connection here too. You've really created "their own little world" for them to love each other in.

My one suggestion to work on though - remember that your viewers eyes will naturally be drawn to the brightest part of the frame. You need to use this to show your viewer what to look at. For example, in #1 my eyes are drawn to the opening in the window first, then the foreground, then I finally find the couple. in #4 my eyes land on the railing and then the brides arm which leads up the his face.
  • Options
    Ted I really like what you're doing here. I love the detailed environments and how you are stacking layer upon layer for complex compositions. Great use of emotional connection here too. You've really created "their own little world" for them to love each other in.

My one suggestion to work on though - remember that your viewers eyes will naturally be drawn to the brightest part of the frame. You need to use this to show your viewer what to look at. For example, in #1 my eyes are drawn to the opening in the window first, then the foreground, then I finally find the couple. in #4 my eyes land on the railing and then the brides arm which leads up the his face.

:D

That could mean that I really like playing with people's eyes.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    Ted what happened? how did you break your wrist?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Qarik wrote: »
    Ted what happened? how did you break your wrist?

I had a literal run in with a stupid moped driver in Dalat Vietnam. Who crosses into their opposing lane and hit a pedestrian crossing the street?! The force of the impact threw me and I landed on my left wrist.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com