Options

When PS'ing, can you save the exif info?

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited September 23, 2005 in Technique
I've noticed that after I photoshop images, I lose the EXIF info about how the picture was taken... is there a way to save your picture that won't cut this information out of the file so that when I upload it to smugmug it still can tell that I have the information? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    klettkeklettke Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Along that same line, is there a way to have the exif data from the original copied to the resized images?

Thanks!
    Shima wrote:
    I've noticed that after I photoshop images, I lose the EXIF info about how the picture was taken... is there a way to save your picture that won't cut this information out of the file so that when I upload it to smugmug it still can tell that I have the information? Thanks
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    Instead of saving for the web, try using "save as" and that will keep the exif info intact.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    In PSP it's easy. If you don't have the Jpeg optimizer on your toolbar go to File>Save As, Select Jpeg, click on options then run the Jpeg optimizer (easier to have it on your toolbar). In the optimizer, one of the options is Save EXIF info.

I'm sure PS has something similar.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2005
    Figures that it was something simple--- thanks a bunch, that makes all the difference.
    Instead of saving for the web, try using "save as" and that will keep the exif info intact.
  • Options
    elyobelyobelyobelyob Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    klettke wrote:
    Along that same line, is there a way to have the exif data from the original copied to the resized images?

Thanks!
    There was no answer to this question, but I am keen (now that lat/long info is held), to have this information copied to the re-sized images.

Can anyone from smugmug please explain why the exif disappears and if it is possible to have it copied?

Thanks