Options

First Monotone Shots - C&C Please

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited September 29, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
So, I visited the OC Great Park for the first time tonight and set my camera on the b&w and sepia settings... any of these have promise? Didn't have my tripod with me last night... was gonna go back with the tripod tonight, but the weather didn't cooperate.

DSCF3277-copy-L.jpg

DSCF3295-copy-L.jpg

DSCF3296-copy-L.jpg

DSCF3328-copy-L.jpg

DSCF3337-copy-L.jpg

DSCF3337-L.jpg

DSCF3339-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    edited September 25, 2011
    Anyone? Do they suck that bad? I can take it. Laughing.gif
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    They don't suck! I personally pick #5....the red is unusual and it pairs well with such a high-energy subject.....
    but oh, #3 ran through a cyanotype blue filter might well be worth exploring as well......
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    I like the comp of 5 & 6. I agree about the red tone with the energy of the shot.
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    1 or 2 for me.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2011
    Thanks! #1 is one of my favorites... but wondered if it's just too simple. Thought of entering the Red just to get some color into the gallery. Laughing.gif Will keep playing with this. :) So many pictures... so little time.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    I like #4 very much, but feel as though it needs something else.

The one of the spinning ride, I feel like I see that type of ride ALL the time, and it would have to be absolutely spectacular to stand out.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    I like #1 for the simplicity of the image but my fave of these is actually #3 for the vintage quality. GP
  • Options
    luxbugluxbug Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    Oooh, fun images. I'm into the surreal quality of #3, my favorite of the bunch!
    - Karen
    Luxbug on SmugMug
    “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    I love #3! Would like to see it with the saturation taken down a bit though.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2011
    #3 is my favourite also - though would like to see more sepia colour, seems a bit ?orange (sorry, not good on colours)
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited September 28, 2011
    Fun set of images! I like 1 and 3. Might go with the red one if we could see the people just a bit better - as in the other shots.
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2011
    Been so busy with other things the last few days, but will try and adjust a few of these tonight. Thanks for all the input!
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2011
    Some edits to #3

3a.
    DSCF3296-copy-copy-L.jpg

3b.
    DSCF3296-copy-copy-copy-L.jpg

3c.
    Steel-Cyan-Dynamic-L.jpg
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    I'd be interested in seeing number 5 in cyan...or gold....It's HARD to shoot a carnival atmosphere in BW!!
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    I like the original #3 best. Followed by #4.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I STILL don't have a clue as to which one I'm going to use as my entry. If I can get out of the office on time tonight, I'm gonna head back to the park and try and get a few more shots. I HATE it when my day job gets in the way of my photography!! Laughing.gif