Options

Done! 86

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited September 29, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
NEW PHOTOS DOWN BELOW COMMENTS

Well, I just did it. Put up the first photo in the entry gallery... Yesterday I did a newborn shoot of my granddaughter who came home from the hospital at 9 days old...I didn't look at the challenge, had edited this shot, and then decided I probably wouldn't find a better one...so in it goes. (With the right to change my mind, of course!!!)

Cross ONE thing off my to-do list... can't wait to see everyone else's entries..
20110920Layla-94-Edit-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    Congrats on the new baby in the family! Such a sweet shot.....
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2011
    Lovely family!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    luxbugluxbug Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2011
    Precious.
    - Karen
    Luxbug on SmugMug
    “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited September 28, 2011
    Congratulations to you all! Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2011
    rteest42 wrote: »
    Well, I just did it. Put up the first photo in the entry gallery... Yesterday I did a newborn shoot of my granddaughter who came home from the hospital at 9 days old...I didn't look at the challenge, had edited this shot, and then decided I probably wouldn't find a better one...so in it goes. (With the right to change my mind, of course!!!)

Cross ONE thing off my to-do list... can't wait to see everyone else's entries..
    20110920Layla-94-Edit-M.jpg

Well, after editing the entire session, I also came up with these images... What say you? Leave the first up or one of these others....

Version two (processing a bit different)
    20110920Layla-94-M.jpg

Family
    20110920Layla-107-M.jpg

Hands
    20110920Layla-106-M.jpg

Thank you all for the well wishes! Layla is home and as of yesterday, 100% wireless!! (Having nothing to do with the contest, but in case you can't get enough of Layla Fayth, here is the link to her newborn session...the photos that we agreed would be 'public'....the rest of the gallery is family only...http://smu.gs/r0XOlP )
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited September 29, 2011
    I think I like version 2 of the original shot best. I like the way the processing (as well as the composition) focuses our attention on Layla. That's great news about her being home *and* wireless!
  • Options
    Thanks, Sapphire! I thought the first version looked a bit burnt after finishing up the session.... I will see what others say about the other compositions, both of which I like ....but I think my first intuition is going to stick...
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    I think I like version 2 of the original shot best. I like the way the processing (as well as the composition) focuses our attention on Layla. That's great news about her being home *and* wireless!
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug