Options

DSS #86: Choices - "Old School & Retro"

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited October 1, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Shot these recently during the Barrett-Jackson weekend. Such a blast to shoot the local car-show and the entire show itself. If you'd like to be filled in, you can find our coverage here: http://www.BurnNTurn.com

I made these from the local car-show, turned them inside-out into b/w. Just unsure which would be the strongest candidate to submit. Lmk what you guys and gals think. Thanks :)

i-hKFCsNh-XL.jpg

i-CqzZrM3-XL.jpg

i-TnLW87v-XL.jpg

i-NQ4gBH4-XL.jpg

i-BVSVFsR-XL.jpg

I tried to keep everything era-themed and removed/cropped portions out that didn't fit within the time frame. Please excuse the watermarks, my final submission won't have one. :)

Comments

• Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    Cool stuff. My favorite is #3, but there's lot's to admire in the set!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    Nice set and good conversions. I like #3 best also--interesting angle and the monochrome works well with the subject. Good luck!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    #1 for me - good catch, and nice conversion! The only change i"d make would be to straighten it a touch. thumb.gif
  • Options
    martinjp2martinjp2 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    I like 2 the best - good composition and great tones. The black patch above the bumper in 3 distracts me from the image. At first I thought it and the reflections on the bumper were body damage. My eye just got stuck there.
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Thanks for the inputs :) I like the entire set, but I'm more keen to using #2, the Chevy Nomad interior shot as my submission. I'm just more entrenched in it vs the others.

i-CnSxDmv-XL.jpg

I did a few tweaks on this final copy like remove certain reflections on the windshield and what not. I may call it "Nomad, Drive-In"
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    It is a nice shot and I see why you'd want to submit it. The whole set is fun to look at.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Nice series

I'm partial to #1. for me, the extreme point of focus has a wonderfully clean feel, which accents a terrific retro story.

there are a couple areas on the nomad that take me out of it slightly. My eye gets drawn to what may be a speaker grill cover on the passenger side, and then my ability to see that sliver of vehicles in the upper right corner.