1476279136_KNqkDxH-XL.jpg

#2: A girl and the moon

1476351465_gCXmzZN-L.jpg

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• garratt15agarratt15a Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    Brilliant shots. Love them both. Good location and cracking looking model. The moon shot has to be the better for me.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Thanks!
  • djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    As always I really like your work. #1 is my favorite of the two. What a thrill to have an experience seeing that walking down a trail. Your ourdoor shoots are my favorites.
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.
    djames wrote: »
    As always I really like your work. #1 is my favorite of the two. What a thrill to have an experience seeing that walking down a trail. Your ourdoor shoots are my favorites.

Thanks!

You know, as it often happens, some of the best things are totally unplanned for.. We were planning for some honey light time before the sunset and we intended to play "fashion show", for which she brought a couple of outfits, etc. But when I saw her (just) in jeans... I said "forget the dress, we're shooting "as is"... rolleyes1.gif
    Also, I miscalculated the time a bit (first time ever, I swear, I'm ususally watching the clock like a hawk), so we didn't have any time for retakes... But this one came out fairly decent...
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    Nik, #2 I think is a beautiful body study - pose, expression, lighting, molding, tone superb! I'd like to transport just the figure into a candlelit 19C French salon and put it down on a chaise longue in front of velvet drapes and floral wallpaper, next to a tall glass of ruby wine. (Well, yes, you could bring the orange chiffon, if you insist!)

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    NeilL wrote: »
    Nik, #2 I think is a beautiful body study - pose, expression, lighting, molding, tone superb! I'd like to transport just the figure into a candlelit 19C French salon and put it down on a chaise longue in front of velvet drapes and floral wallpaper, next to a tall glass of ruby wine. (Well, yes, you could bring the orange chiffon, if you insist!)

Neil

Thanks Neil! thumb.gif
    Nature *is* my "salon" deal.gifwinkrolleyes1.gif
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Thanks Neil! thumb.gif
    Nature *is* my "salon" deal.gifwinkrolleyes1.gif

Not true, Nik!! You have done so much very beautiful interiors work! In any case, you know all the sh*t about getting outta ur comfort zone I'm sure! Get that French salon out there on those rocks, and now that might rock!!

Neil

Not true, Nik!! You have done so much very beautiful interiors work! In any case, you know all the sh*t about getting outta ur comfort zone I'm sure! Get that French salon out there on those rocks, and now that might rock!!

Neil

You bring the "atmosphere" with you:-)

To the high desert...

1073852484_eVU8m-XL.jpg

To the "bad lands"....

1071870021_WFFns-XL.jpg

Your "salon" is where you want it to be.. :-)
    edited September 14, 2011
    Nikolai wrote: »
    You bring the "atmosphere" with you:-)

clap.gif Yes my intention was to stretch you, Nik, not to restrict you! So bring it anywhere you like (and bring some French 19C salon with it!mwink.gif)! And while on the topic, have you tried any Tasmanian spring lamb yet?

Amazing 3D effect here!!! How!!! WA cropped?

Neil

edited September 14, 2011
    clap.gif Yes my intention was to stretch you, Nik, not to restrict you! So bring it anywhere you like (and bring some French 19C salon with it!mwink.gif)! And while on the topic, have you tried any Tasmanian spring lamb yet?

Amazing 3D effect here!!! How!!! WA cropped?

Neil

Negative on the lamb, haven't found a place that serves it yet... ne_nau.gif

Yes, it's was a WA (my late 10-22, recently sold to Jeremy, may it serve him as well as it did me, or better), but not much of a crop.. The place itself has a very nice "spacial" layout, and of course, the right angle and the right lighting just added to the effect.
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2011
    WOW!!! I am in LOVE (lust?) with number one!! Her body is, just WOW... You brought just the right mood to the photo.
    Canon Fan
    edited September 23, 2011
    WOW!!! I am in LOVE (lust?) with number one!! Her body is, just WOW... You brought just the right mood to the photo.

Thanks! thumb.gif
    I really liked it how her hair color melts into the landscape...
    You did notice her hair color and the landscape, didn't you? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited September 30, 2011
    Just awesome shots, Nik. bowdown.gif

I feel like I've been to those last two locations, but I just can't put my finger on it. mwink.gif:D
    edited September 30, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Just awesome shots, Nik. bowdown.gif

I feel like I've been to those last two locations, but I just can't put my finger on it. mwink.gif:D

Laughing.gif, of course you were! It took me 20 min or so to PS you and your WA lens out of those frames mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 1, 2011
    Oh, well then maybe you can work on this one for me. rolleyes1.gif

1063087258_5CVXE-L.jpg
    edited October 1, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Oh, well then maybe you can work on this one for me. rolleyes1.gif
    Nah, man, I look good in here. It's a CONNECTION, man! deal.gifmwink.gifrofl