Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2011
    Yo, great timing! thumb.gif

Way to go...

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    Great shot, Richard. Bravo!
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    dig it thumb.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    Nice! If only the walker also wore red pants and black shoes I can imagine where the lower cropping would be. :D
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited September 28, 2011
    Thanks guys. Yeah, it would have been great to get some guy in red pants, but you don't see that very often around here. I had to wait long enough for the red shirt lol3.gif.
  • Options
    IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    Actually, I think the fact the guy has a red shirt instead of red pants makes it even more perfect given the two people (well, 1 person, 1 picture) are walking opposite directions as well. That's just a great shot. I really love it!
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    Richard wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Yeah, it would have been great to get some guy in red pants, but you don't see that very often around here. I had to wait long enough for the red shirt lol3.gif.

This is instantly recognizable as a "Richard" shot (take it as a compliment, whether intended or not -- ambiguity is good...rolleyes1.gif). I was wondering how long you did have to wait...
  • Options
    Islandcrow wrote: »
    Actually, I think the fact the guy has a red shirt instead of red pants makes it even more perfect given the two people (well, 1 person, 1 picture) are walking opposite directions as well. That's just a great shot. I really love it!
    Thanks. You might be right about the shirt rather than the pants. I hadn't thought about it that way.
    rainbow wrote: »
    This is instantly recognizable as a "Richard" shot (take it as a compliment, whether intended or not -- ambiguity is good...rolleyes1.gif). I was wondering how long you did have to wait...
    Guilty as charged :D. I just love stuff like this and am delighted whenever it comes together. As for waiting, I never wait very long--I get bored easily--but I frequently revisit places where I have noticed a potential shot. This one was shot in a plaza almost right in front of my door. There was a photography exhibit going on for a couple weeks there and I passed through it several times a day. I had a number of shots in mind, but this was the only one that worked out.
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    :D Another classic for your portfolio.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2011
    Really nice Richard. I think it works better that he's wearing a red shirt and not red pants. This is probably one of the best street images I've seen posted.

Patience pays off.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2011
    Thanks, Scott and Alex. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    i-cF6WRMK-XL.jpg

Hey, Richard, try a crop right below his hand and up the outer edge of the black band. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2011
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Hey, Richard, try a crop right below his hand and up the outer edge of the black band. mwink.gif
    Which hand? When I was processing the pic, I considered cropping just at the edge of his pants so that you would see two halves, both in red. But I decided that I didn't want to lose the echo of the position of the legs, which would happen cropping below either hand. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm sticking with the posted version :D.