Options

First Video

cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
edited October 6, 2011 in Video
Got a GoPro to take with me to Petit le Mans at Road Atlanta last week.

At the track I noticed a couple things: a) pretty much the entire field came out at the same time for the practice sessions and b) spectators could walk right up to the inside wall of the pit lane exit. After a bit of looking around I found a gap in the fence on top of the wall. The gap was just big enough to fit the GoPro and a Gorilla Pod through. I don't have the LCD back for the GoPro so I just eyeballed the angle and hoped for the best. I was pretty happy with the result:

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1506022610_qK5sphm?width=640&height=360"></iframe&gt;

I've still got a ton of stuff to learn... frame rates, codecs, resolutions, software, etc... but this video stuff is a blast!

Thanks for taking a look and as always I'd love to hear any comments and/or suggestions!

Comments

• Options
    MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Cool stuff. Surprised how loud it given the GoPro case - must be super loud in person.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    I have the crappiest connection. But when I did watch and it of course stopped while loading, I noticed you and some clean frames there. Amazing! I had no idea this cam could get those results!
    tom wise
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2011
    Cool stuff. Surprised how loud it given the GoPro case - must be super loud in person.

Oh yes. Hearing protection definitely required. That spot is particularly loud because it's so close and it's just past the end of the speed limited section of the pit lane where the drivers are getting into the throttle.