bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    bdcolen wrote: »

I saw that the Brooklin Bridge had been taken over by pedestrians as well?
    Next week be in DC for the Afghanistan anniversary.I am sure there will be some street shots to be had there amongst the crowds.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2011
    Yes, there were some 700 people arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge Saturday under somewhat questionable circumstances. As you can see, things were quite quite when I was wandering around, but the extent of the police presence and barricades were mind boggling. Interesting story today in the New York Times about what a wonderful PR job the NYPD are doing for the protesters. :-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 3, 2011
    Yes, there were some 700 people arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge Saturday under somewhat questionable circumstances. As you can see, things were quite quite when I was wandering around, but the extent of the police presence and barricades were mind boggling. Interesting story today in the New York Times about what a wonderful PR job the NYPD are doing for the protesters. :-)
    Yep...arresting a bunch of people usually means even more people will show up the following day.

Good set. 2 and 4 are my favorites. I suppose you were trying to show that life goes on as usual for most people in #3, but it still seems a little out of place to me. Were you shooting through a broken window in #1? A cracked mirror? I can't figure it out. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2011
    One and two are mine. As to one - no mirror, no window - "guy" on left is made of cardboard, and 'crack in window' is ballon ribbon tied around 'his' neck. POF is far side of square.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    edited October 3, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Yep...arresting a bunch of people usually means even more people will show up the following day.

Good set. 2 and 4 are my favorites. I suppose you were trying to show that life goes on as usual for most people in #3, but it still seems a little out of place to me. Were you shooting through a broken window in #1? A cracked mirror? I can't figure it out. headscratch.gif

Oh, re your comment about getting more people to show up by arresting peeople - fascinating story in yesterday's NYT about the uncanny ability of the NYPD to serve as the de facto PR agency for demonstrators by historically failing to learn the connection between discretion and valor. The writer likens the Department's behavior over the decades - going back 147 years! - to that of a baby who keeps pushing its food off it's highchair tray.mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 3, 2011
    One and two are mine. As to one - no mirror, no window - "guy" on left is made of cardboard, and 'crack in window' is ballon ribbon tied around 'his' neck. POF is far side of square.
    11doh.gif

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    #1 is the soup nazi rolleyes1.gif.

The new thing the P.D. is doing now arresting photogs and videographers.

Really like #2 and their sense of purpose.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2011
    Is it THE soup Nazi? There were things in the shop that seemed to indicate it, though none spelling it out.... As to arresting photographers and videographers, as someone noted somewhere, the way to guarantee that these demonstrations are well photographed and videoed is to arrest photographers and videographers, because that will draw...more photographers and videographers. If I were Mayor Bloomberg, I'd tell Ray Kelly that if he continues to allow his Department to be the main focus of news coverage he'd better be looking for a new job. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    I like the overall bunch, but the balloon around the neck, and the glasses impinging on the woman's face on the Starbucks shot just are a little distracting to me. Still like the over all approach.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Works as a series, but no individual shot is strong by itself. I actually like #1 best -- I thought it was someone with a noose around his neck and missed the pickup that he is two dimensional...
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2011
    love the "crack" in #1