Airshow Pics

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited June 23, 2004 in Holy Macro
I'm a newbie not only to DGrin but also to having a non-point and shoot camera. I just picked up a Canon S1-IS last week and I took it to a local airshow last weekend. I'd appreciate any comments you guys have for me while I'm learning the ropes.

http://daveorama.smugmug.com/gallery/145698

5352232-L.jpg

Comments

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    Hi DJ
    Great shot, thumb.gif might be worth trying to crop it down, so that the guy was in the top right of the shot dropping into the space??

Oh and welcome to DG
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    Thanks
    Yeah, these are the shots striaght off the camera, I haven't had time to play with them in Photoshop. I'm sure some tweaks could make them look better.

Someone commented to me that the shots were pretty noisy. I used ISO100 just because I didn't know any better. Would ISO50 have been cleaner? Or is the noise a function of something else?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    Yes, ISO 50 would remove some of the noise. Nice job with the shots! Patch29 has the same camera, and has produced some excellent shots with it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Yes, ISO 50 would remove some of the noise. Nice job with the shots! Patch29 has the same camera, and has produced some excellent shots with it.
    Thanks! I lurk on occasion at the bike site, Patch takes some amazing pictures. I always assumed he used a big dSLR.

Maybe I can sneak in another newb question. Does the f/ also affect noise and clarity of the image like ISO does? I really like some of my shots, but most aren't tack sharp. I guess that could just be the combo of the planes screaming by at 300+mph and the IS tryng to do it's job...ne_nau.gif